DMOZ Editors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleirwin

Jun 25, 2006
I really feel this should have been in the traffic forum, but I feel like I'm flooding that forum with threads, so I'll show this forum some love.

I just read a post by Jim Boykin about becoming a DMOZ editor. Are any of you editors? Any "tricks" you used to get accepted as an editor? I've submitted dozens of sites with no love at all. I think I'm gonna try to submit an application to become an editor in a very, very undeveloped category.

Link to article --> http://www.jimboykin.com/psssst-giving-away-dmoz-editor-accounts/

With what I've gained from that article and what I already had in mind, I think I might actually stand a chance of getting accepted. I'll be sure to post back if it actually works.

I’ve heard there were so many back handers and underhand deals going on at DMOZ that Google was not placing high value in DMOZ anymore

Not that I'm "spamming", but my links on wikipedia have been serving me very well. How are they getting "spanked"?

kyleirwin said:
Not that I'm "spamming", but my links on wikipedia have been serving me very well. How are they getting "spanked"?

Blatant spammers are getting their External links removed. It depends on which areas you hit. Blatant spam = not adding content just adding tons of links.

Yeah, but that dosen't mean they're getting "spanked" IMO.. the links that stick are still very powerful.

kyleirwin said:
Yeah, but that dosen't mean they're getting "spanked" IMO.. the links that stick are still very powerful.

You need to either be very targetted or use a lot of content. By "spanking" wikispammers I am referring to people who use kw-targetted bots to automatically insert external links.

Status
Not open for further replies.