DirecTrack is Down! Pause Campaigns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and down again. DirectTrack is such a turd. When there's millions of dollars at stake, you'dd think they would invest a few bucks in DDoS protection.

IMO is pointless for everyone to keep posting: is back, is down, is back, is down...

We should wait till Jon gets the call from DT saying that everything is really working normally...

...and down again. DirectTrack is such a turd. When there's millions of dollars at stake, you'dd think they would invest a few bucks in DDoS protection.
The datacenter that the down servers are in specializes in DDOS protection... There needs to be redundancy, not just protection. And there needs to be better protection.

Ads4dough was the first to email me, and informed me of all the other networks affected (C2M , Copeac,ect) and I should make sure their campaigns are down too....

I'm a total noob to this, but was curious how long it would take for DT to go down, and how much the $$$ loss would be.

I imagine several millions in lost revenue just from lost offers, not including people that will switch to new networks/rotate offers just in case.

Wow some of you networks should really test your links more than just once a day.. Just spoke to a few networks and a bunch of them didn't even know that DT was down for the last nearly 2 hours now. Jesus.

I here stuff like this way to much. Who the fuck is working at these networks? I mean come on, if the main asset (not sure if asset is the right term) of your business isn't working and you don't even know about it, hell I don't even know what to say.

Its like working at a fleshlight factory and instead of silicone being used in the mold, concrete is. Well actually I'm not sure that's a good example, but I think you get what I'm trying to say.

One of the best things we ever did was switch from DT to another system. It was a pain to switch and maybe we are missing some of the minor features of DT. But, we have had little/no issues with downtime related to our new platform. I don't need affiliate platform to be amazing. I just need it to work consistently.

Ads4dough was the first to email me, and informed me of all the other networks affected (C2M , Copeac,ect) and I should make sure their campaigns are down too....

I'm a total noob to this, but was curious how long it would take for DT to go down, and how much the $$$ loss would be.

I imagine several millions in lost revenue just from lost offers, not including people that will switch to new networks/rotate offers just in case.

good for you! fuck, nobody emailed me :( just paused campaigns, damn.

another thing about DT that sucks is when you refresh your stats and it takes about 3 minutes to load up. whats going on with that? Its been like that for over 6 months

DT has had their head up their ass for years. They always say they will fix issues and they never do. I don't know any networks that actually like using DT and most of them would probably dump them if migration wasn't an absolute nightmare.

another thing about DT that sucks is when you refresh your stats and it takes about 3 minutes to load up. whats going on with that? Its been like that for over 6 months

well they are handling quite a few database transactions... so their shit probably isn't optimized as much as it could be. That's the cost of having up to the second stats though.

I'm not defending DT but by nature it's drives the majority of networks which means more exposure and ultimately more people affected. With a larger amount of affiliates being affected you simply hear more about it (positive or negative).

I think that depends more on the network. Copeac takes minutes sometimes, but other DT networks are instant to load stats.

It's been like that for years as far as I can remember. One of the best DirectTrash features!

A network told me DT sent this: "Direct Track and one of their other networks were the subject of a malicious DDOS attack, which means that an insurmountable amount of traffic was sent to certain IP addresses at once, causing everything to shut down."

Status
Not open for further replies.