Demonoid Shut Down.

I used Demonid almost exclusively for ebooks. They had an incredible selection of ebooks and they were easy to find with a simple search. Most private trackers are all full of tv shows and famous movies and shit. You can get that stuff anywhere.

I guess what was good about it being a mostly public tracker was that there was greater diversity in the content they had.

I wonder when or if authorities will figure it out - stamp out a torrent site, and a hundred more will pop up in its place....

This is the internet, we innovate. If the authorities keep shutting down websites, another technology will appear. Look at what happened to Napster, they shattered Napster into a million pieces, literally. P2P emerged on the scene, where there was no centralized location, and the millions of pieces of Napster's database, are now home computers communicating with each other, sending data, and continue the mission.

All they are doing is making it more difficult for them to police downloading. With Napster, if they just kept fining it every now and then, the new technology of P2P would not have emerged and caught on the way it has. So now they continue attacking the major tracker/torrent sites… do they think people are just going to stop? Stop download? No one can be that ridiculous. No this is the internet, we will innovate.

If you shutdown the domains and trackers, we take it to the next level of now trackers, no domains, we'll exist in the shadows, go ahead and step into the shadows, this is the internet, we will innovate and evolve.

I remember back around the turn of the century, we were downloading music from IRC channels, people still do that. The authorities apparently never caught now, so the underground downloading continues… All this policing does is force us to evolve and turn the internet into what we want. The only way to stop us it to stop the internet, and even if you do that, we'll create something better.

The way the government goes about trying to stop downloading, is like trying to catch the wind, good luck bros, this is the internet, we will innovate, evolve, and overtake you.

This story sounds ridiculously fishy.

"the action was scheduled to coincide with Deputy Prime Minister Valery Khoroshkovsky’s trip to the United States."

So you mean to tell me that the most important diplomatic issue between these two countries is copyright infringement? I'm not buying it.

"Mexican authorities carried out a raid in Monterrey, the capital city of the northeastern Mexican state of Nuevo León. The prime target was one of Demonoid’s staff. Following the action the authorities completely blocked access to the site in Mexico."

With all the drug violence and instability in Mexico, they have time to raid internet pirates?

This story is messed up.
So these tens of millions that Hollywood showers Obama with - because they think he's cool?

There's a "Got Bin Laden" movie being released 6 weeks before the election. 'Cause Obama is the people's champion? Really?

I used Demonid almost exclusively for ebooks. They had an incredible selection of ebooks and they were easy to find with a simple search. Most private trackers are all full of tv shows and famous movies and shit. You can get that stuff anywhere.

I guess what was good about it being a mostly public tracker was that there was greater diversity in the content they had.

Same here.

Demonoid was also always the first in my list to release good tv show torrents like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.

Don't get how the gov't thinks they can regulate this shit. I think they're just posturing for the sake of entertainment industry bigwigs and artists. :love-smiley-083:

Their access to good ebooks will be forever missed.

Most movies and TV shows have turned to such steaming piles of shit that if somehow the powers that be found a way to actually stop illegal file sharing, I would probably just stop watching it altogether and start fishing or something.

In other news, I have a couple invites for a way better tracker if anyone is interested. PM me. No noobz.

Who the fuck uses torrents anymore? I made the switch to newsgroups over 8 years ago and haven't looked back.

brb downloading hd shows and ppv's 5 minutes after they finish airing
brb utillizing my entire bandwidth to complete the download

I can make a guide/tutorial if people are interested.

this guy knows... but don't make tutorials... its better that everyone doesn't know

Same here. Lot of good business/marketing books were on there, epubs as well. It was public enough to have diversity but private enough to keep a lot of the bull shit out which was pretty nice.