Cure for cancer coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What did you mean by stem cell manipulation to cure cancer?
[/left]

Just google the terms and you will see what im talking about.

And about the dna manipulation it goes further into it than that you just described its already been done properly but the powers that be will not let it go ahead.

once again just google it.

The cancer story is bad, one-sided and sensationalist reporting of the kind that regrettably has become common. Note how calm the scientist is - he knows that there is a world of difference between killing cancer cells in test tubes and curing cancer in living humans. Hundreds of potential miracle drugs like this one surface every year, this is just one of them. Some pan out as a limited treatment for some cancers, most don't.

I know more about cancer than anyone should ever have to, and I've kept an eye on the research in that field for a long time. It is an immensely complex disease - in fact, "cancer" is just a name for thousands of different conditions with uncontrolled cell divison as a common property. The cures have to be equally varied.

I'm as cynical as the next extremely cynical person, but I have to say that any conspiracy by the pharma companies is complete hogwash. Please be adviced that the world is bigger than the US - doctors in the rest of the world are generally not bought and paid for by Big Pharma. In my experience, doctors anywhere are mostly incredibly conscientious people with a very genuine urge to help and cure. If they suspected that they were being kept in the dark about an advance like this, there would be doctors rioting in the streets. Big Pharma doesn't control the medical profession as much as we like to think.

It seems that research on this particular drug is proceeding the way it should, before, in a best-case scenario, it ends up as a treatment for one or two limited types of cancer.

No single cure for cancer is going to exist in our lifetimes. The cure may lie in nanotech, but it will take decades to refine it to the point where it works.

Come on, prove me wrong - please :)

The scientist is calm for a reason. He's a scientist. Scientists don't jump to conclusions without evidence. He does however say it's promising since it has already worked on human cells in rats.

Jathan, where did you get any results from the clinical trial?

Btw, I just came across Medicor Cancer Centres - DCA Therapy Data , apparently they treat people with this drug. So someone is definitely jumping in on this. They have published their findings but keep in mind that this was NOT a clinical trial.

Looks promising from their results if this can be perfected IMO. Seems to be in Toronto so I'll pass this on to a family friend who is undergoing chemo right now.

At first glance the data may not look that great, but then remember that most people are going there as a last resort when their condition is probably at it's worst.

i-am-legend-20071022044404088-000.jpg

"A cure for cancer? Oh fuck, not again!"

Status
Not open for further replies.