Copeac selling their email list?

For people that think that it's no big deal that someone is playing about with the information that we entrust to networks don't forget that they could also possibly have access to you banking details and SSNs etc. I for one want to know who has the data and what they have. To me it is a VERY big deal.

And Mike if it has come from your network (which it looks quite likely) then why should anyone trust you with their data in the future if you can't properly secure it? If it is Pace then be a man and stand up and admit it.

Got the same e-mail. Seems like it has a Pace/Copeac connection. Copeac more specifically.

A list of pubs is worth something and I am beginning to wonder whats going on.

Yeah I got it too.

For the record details of affiliates using digital river tracking systems or companies using direct track were compromised last year(Hack on e-commerce co. exposes records for 200,000 ? The Register). Who exactly has that data now, who knows..

There's really no value in a email list of a bunch of internet marketers. I dont get why anyone would think their email was valuable and worth selling to someone else.

You don't get why a list that has business purchasing power and traffic assets might have value?

There's really no value in a email list of a bunch of internet marketers. I dont get why anyone would think their email was valuable and worth selling to someone else.

lol, give a bullshit statement and at the same time insult your "bunch of internet marketers". Proper PR it is not.

I love how the owner of the network has time to respond to a wickedfire thread, but I'm still owed $2,500 (from a prepay deposit) since last Friday and it takes an account executive days to respond to me AFTER the deposit has been made (and it takes a week and a half for a credit check?)...

Then when you complain about the service the sales manager just throws you out the window and says take a refund and go somewhere else...

Mike I'm sure you're a great guy, but meh...

Yeah I got it too.

For the record details of affiliates using digital river tracking systems or companies using direct track were compromised last year(Hack on e-commerce co. exposes records for 200,000 ? The Register). Who exactly has that data now, who knows..

You don't get why a list that has business purchasing power and traffic assets might have value?

If it was the Digital River hack then that is one thing as only our contact details would be known which isn't THAT bad, however we don't know that for sure and if it was an insider who stole the details we don't know what else they might have. If it was an insider and a specific company knows then it is important that they let us know that our private details have been compromised so we can protect ourselves.

But then again it seems no one gives a fuck.

I've also had a couple of network/marketing related spams to my copeac email address recently, was on the brink of asking wtf was going on too.

Having my partner's dealt w/ Krongel before and just speaking with him myself I doubt he'd jeopardize his reputation for the sale of an email list.

Anyone that's seen how much they did in revenue last year would know that they last thing the need to do is sell or share the list to generate income.

I'm willing to bet that any stealing of emails was done so during the direct track security breach. No need to point fingers, even at people like Pace.

Having my partner's dealt w/ Krongel before and just speaking with him myself I doubt he'd jeopardize his reputation for the sale of an email list.

Anyone that's seen how much they did in revenue last year would know that they last thing the need to do is sell or share the list to generate income.

I'm willing to bet that any stealing of emails was done so during the direct track security breach. No need to point fingers, even at people like Pace.

They did a okay amount, but they are still way below other major networks in the industry. No need to bring revenue figures into this. No one is saying Krongel is a bad guy, he is well respected, but isn' it weird that (in his words) "a thread like this comes up every month"?

PM me your details (such as ID in our system) and ill look in to it for you. There's really no value in a email list of a bunch of internet marketers. I dont get why anyone would think their email was valuable and worth selling to someone else.

Was Mrkongel's WF account hacked?

I know he didn't just say that.

^ is that really shocking? Let me ask do you guys respond to these messages? if yes then what i said is crazy and if no then you understand what i mean. its about ROI and the ROI on spam to affiliate marketers seems very low

Also this is from the DT breach as the OP is not in our new system

They did a okay amount, but they are still way below other major networks in the industry. No need to bring revenue figures into this. No one is saying Krongel is a bad guy, he is well respected, but isn' it weird that (in his words) "a thread like this comes up every month"?

a thread like this meaning. "I just got emailed to an email i used with one network" thread. Its happened each month, and each months its been a different network. This month was our turn i guess.

Nothing we can do about it DT was compromised, we left DT so now if it happens again its our own fault

its about ROI and the ROI on spam to affiliate marketers seems very low

That is probably correct but your statement was that "there's really no value in a email list of a bunch of internet marketers" which is not the same as saying "ROI on spam to affiliate marketers seems very low". There are gullible buyers and value in both a diet list and in a list of affiliates who signed up to DT networks considering there are most likely a few thousand warriors and broke IM hopefuls in that compromised data. Either way I'm not hating on you this is more an embarrassment for a publicly traded company to be "hacked" by a query within their own system.