Case Study: Spending 25,000.00 on an offline biz using WickedFire BST services.

Be interesting to see how profitable this ends up for you over the lifetime of the project.

Yeah, definitely.

Tim, with all the outsourced work so far, what in your opinion takes away most of the time on this project?

What are your total costs so far?

10/10 thread, would bang.

Just over 25,000.00, I just paid for Primelinks which was 14,500.00, the second most costly is content. I'd have to go back and look at it but it is probably 3-4k.

Yeah, definitely.

Tim, with all the outsourced work so far, what in your opinion takes away most of the time on this project?

Me having to design the website. This could be outsourced, but I make pretty bad ass websites, so I do it myself. I did hire alex to do a few CTA forms but other than that the site design is all me.

I had an issue with Taylor who was doing my content, apparently there was a breakdown in communication and I got stuck paying for a bunch of articles I didn't need. Because I don't do business in that way (would have offered the other articles no problem) I made the jump over to Vin with WordAgents and let me say this, that guy is fucking awesome. I have a shit ton more content ready for him to do. Very happy with Vin

Just saw this. Thanks for the kind words man.

I gotta say, I was skeptical about the success of this project at first....but it looks like I was wrong. Following this thread like a hawk now. Great job.

Op

What type of products or services should someone target. I understand high $ amount items with a good profit. Your at @10k in commissions which could certainly be from $100,000 in gross sales. If you have sold 100k in goods/services from your site in 30 days from scratch that is amazing. I was thinking like pools,roofing and larger home improvement projects. Maybe even biz to biz?

Op

What type of products or services should someone target. I understand high $ amount items with a good profit. Your at @10k in commissions which could certainly be from $100,000 in gross sales. If you have sold 100k in goods/services from your site in 30 days from scratch that is amazing. I was thinking like pools,roofing and larger home improvement projects. Maybe even biz to biz?

Well you were thinking right. :)

great work, not sure if I am more impressed with the outcome of the updates. These threads usually die before any outcome is heard.

Subscribed and loving it. Love to see people take a risk and pull it off.

Keep the updates coming.

Same here. Mad props for pulling it off bro.

Thanks man.

I placed another large content update with Vin, I received all of the work, but I have yet to add the new content. I was waiting for the current content that hadn't been indexed to get indexed before I add any further.

Second has started the work, but it's only been a bit over a week. His links are seriously bad ass so I can't wait.

Today the index finally happened and I will upload Vins content tonight.

61ErOJ

^
ok so exactly what seo service(s)/packages out of the several that you mentioned do you feel was the most powerful & instrumental in helping you rank? Afterall, this is a case study to see what works, right? :D

^
ok so exactly what seo service(s)/packages out of the several that you mentioned do you feel was the most powerful & instrumental in helping you rank? Afterall, this is a case study to see what works, right? :D

The most powerful linkbuilding package will easily be Primelinks.

However to date the best for ranking has been strong On-Site SEO, Proper Innerlinking, & lots and lots of targeted content.

Loving the hundreds of pages of content and solid silo structure.

I gotta site that's ranking for some smaller terms and I've been traffic leaking from a couple of forums, and I've had a few leads come in. Nothing closed yet, but the guy I'm working with is working on close a deal that seems like it could be in the 2-5k range. I think if I'm ranking page for the area I could be making some decent cash monthly. Got a few other sites I'm working on, 2 of which are on page 2 for their major keywords but I haven't set up call forwarding or an address yet.

I don't have an existent proper silo structure yet, but I'm thinking of implementing that. In terms of content I literally have only the homepage content, and content for a couple of surburbs and neighborhoods.

Over the next couple of months I plan to get a lot more content(both blog posts and landing pages) done, as well as a proper silo structure figured out(that's probably what I should do first).

I gotta site that's ranking for some smaller terms and I've been traffic leaking from a couple of forums, and I've had a few leads come in. Nothing closed yet, but the guy I'm working with is working on close a deal that seems like it could be in the 2-5k range. I think if I'm ranking page for the area I could be making some decent cash monthly. Got a few other sites I'm working on, 2 of which are on page 2 for their major keywords but I haven't set up call forwarding or an address yet.

I don't have an existent proper silo structure yet, but I'm thinking of implementing that. In terms of content I literally have only the homepage content, and content for a couple of surburbs and neighborhoods.

Over the next couple of months I plan to get a lot more content(both blog posts and landing pages) done, as well as a proper silo structure figured out(that's probably what I should do first).

That's what you should be doing instead of writing this post.

No offense, but you just listed a ton of shit that you HAVE NOT done and yet you are in here writing this???

Let this be the kick in the ass you need to go some shit done!

As Meaty said, you have to get to work. I came up with a system for myself awhile back and it goes like this.

I want to work 7 days a week. So I make sure that I do. How do I do this? Either I'm going to sit down, build links, add content, make designs, ect or my money is. If I wake up and I don't feel like working that day because I am being lazy, well the only option is to pay somebody that I trust to do the work I would have done. It is never an option to get nothing done in a day. If I want off, I will pay for it out of my wallet. It helps me sit down and get the work done especially if budgets are tight.

You have to get your ass to work and build content. If you can't, go make money somewhere else, then pay Vinny to write the content for you. If you can't design websites then go make money somewhere else and pay Alex to do it for you. If you can't build links then you have to make money somewhere else and pay someone to build the proper links for you. I've made enough money where I can delegate these tasks to the proper people and I can either act like I'm on vacation or I can focus on something else. But these tasks needs to happening continually to have a successful website. If you don't have the money get a loan, get a client to pay you more, or sit down and do it yourself.

@tim2963, for an idiot who thought GoDaddy hosting was good hosting, its obvious that you're better with people than technical things.

IceToEskimos, the last President of WickedFire, is AWOL; so, if this thread keeps on going as it is and will, I'll nominate you for WF President.

As President, you'll be head of the top secret WickedFire Intelligence Agency (WIA).

This powerful agency will be at your disposal to get rid of crime on the Internet.

It was responsible for banishing Drew Myers, Pewep, and Ryan Eagle from the face of the web.

Of course, with great power comes great responsibility.

I hope to confer this right to you soon my friend.

@tim2963, for an idiot who thought GoDaddy hosting was good hosting, its obvious that you're better with people than technical things.

IceToEskimos, the last President of WickedFire, is AWOL; so, if this thread keeps on going as it is and will, I'll nominate you for WF President.

As President, you'll be head of the top secret WickedFire Intelligence Agency (WIA).

This powerful agency will be at your disposal to get rid of crime on the Internet.

It was responsible for banishing Drew Myers, Pewep, and Ryan Eagle from the face of the web.

Of course, with great power comes great responsibility.

I hope to confer this right to you soon my friend.

Not sure how to take you. Thanks for calling me an "idiot" and trying to tie me in to an old 2012 thread though.

ZKVd2G

Still climbing today!

dyHj9A

As Meaty said, you have to get to work. I came up with a system for myself awhile back and it goes like this.

I want to work 7 days a week. So I make sure that I do. How do I do this? Either I'm going to sit down, build links, add content, make designs, ect or my money is. If I wake up and I don't feel like working that day because I am being lazy, well the only option is to pay somebody that I trust to do the work I would have done. It is never an option to get nothing done in a day. If I want off, I will pay for it out of my wallet. It helps me sit down and get the work done especially if budgets are tight.

You have to get your ass to work and build content. If you can't, go make money somewhere else, then pay Vinny to write the content for you. If you can't design websites then go make money somewhere else and pay Alex to do it for you. If you can't build links then you have to make money somewhere else and pay someone to build the proper links for you. I've made enough money where I can delegate these tasks to the proper people and I can either act like I'm on vacation or I can focus on something else. But these tasks needs to happening continually to have a successful website. If you don't have the money get a loan, get a client to pay you more, or sit down and do it yourself.

Thanks for the kick in the ass.

Design is taken care of, I need to write a fuckton of content, outreach to more folk and get all local business partnerships set up.

And figure out how exactly I'm going to do the silo structure. Once I figure that out my business partner can implement it.

I'm going to write at least 3 pieces of content tonight before I head to bed. Tomorrow morning I'm going to talk over SEO structures with my business partner and finalize how exactly I'm going to do this.

My homepage is where I'm targeting my largest keywords, but there are a bunch of inner pages I want to rank for.

I'm thinking site structure like this-

domain.com/service-areas/city/specific-service

Or

domain.com/city/specific-service

I'm leaning towards the latter.

I can't decide if its too deep of a URL or if its fine. Any suggestions?

There's some really good info in this guide-

https://www.gotchseo.com/local-seo-guide/

Specifically I'm referring to the META title and description section.

I.e for his site the landing page that he's targetting Atlanta with has this title-

"7 Scams Atlanta SEO Companies Will Try to Sell You"

And here's the page-

https://www.gotchseo.com/atlanta-seo/

So I'm going to be writing slightly clickbaitish titles for my new landing pages to improve CTR. Definitely a lot better than the generic titles every other company has.