C2M cuts referral commissions to 2%

Status
Not open for further replies.
np, at least u admitted ur oversight and didnt continue to defend urself like u was right. i was jux venting, dunno why everyones hatin, except for ERECT and a couple others who understand my point.

damn it feels good to use no caps....

haha dude, am i writing a thesis here? since when did everyone online start use proper grammar and avoided using short-hand? only those who have nothing constructive to say pick at others' grammar and spelling mistakes, etc. if you don't think i'm aware of how i'm writing and that it's done intentionally, then you're an idiot. if proofreading people's post is your thing, why don't you go find all the posts closing with "good luck bro" and have yourself a field day.

We shouldn't have to TRY to read your fucking post. We don't care about your wigger lifestyle.

You == YouTube - The Offspring - Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)

haha dude, am i writing a thesis here? since when did everyone online start use proper grammar and avoided using short-hand? only those who have nothing constructive to say pick at others' grammar and spelling mistakes, etc. if you don't think i'm aware of how i'm writing and that it's done intentionally, then you're an idiot. if proofreading people's post is your thing, why don't you go find all the posts closing with "good luck bro" and have yourself a field day.

Maybe consider writing a thesis and add value to the community. You may find people respect you more.. or continue to sound like an idiot and anything but a professional. Your choice.

BTW, I miss Sumit.

good luck bro

TakinThePlunge -

No I agree with you more than you think. A network should not cut commission on referrals no should it tell people when they sign up they could get more by dropping the refer. Both of those are bad business ethics.

My point was that there is very little that can be done to prevent the loss of commission from referrals one way or another. Either the person is to stupid to earn so you don't make anything or they are smart enough to make some money and figure out that they can make another account under themselves to increase profit.

So loosing commissions from from top preforming referrals is enviable unless you provide them with long term service of value, because they are essentially paying you money they could get. So although the network is doing something rather unethical the moral outrage is not there because if they let accounts stay grandfathered and did not offer to let affiliates drop refers for more payments the situation would be about the same. The exception being the idiots that just get lucky but are to stupid to realize they are giving up a portion of their profits.

The truth is that networks are just going to have to go to a flat rate CPA for each referred affiliate if they truly want to be fair and avoid this.

I bet when you started pushing for referrals when c2m were new they stated you would recieve 5% for the life of the affiliate, yet now that they have grown some they back out on their end. My opinion is new ones should be at 2% old at 5%

I bet when you started pushing for referrals when c2m were new they stated you would recieve 5% for the life of the affiliate, yet now that they have grown some they back out on their end. My opinion is new ones should be at 2% old at 5%

right, that's the fairest thing to do. at least then, i have the option of wether i wish to continue promoting them...which i would not. obviously, referrals are valuable to them, otherwise, why wouldn't they just say no referral commissions from here on out? maybe because they know that they would be seeing a slump in growth due to lack of referrals.

ur making more off rewards? really? unless ive mis-calculated, 5% referral commission from 50k sales = $2500...would u rather take that or push to gross 50k in sales just to win a $500 digital camera?

I think you're missing the point here dude...

If YOU make 50k you get a $500 camera
If YOUR referrals make you 50k (at 5%) you get $2500

Big difference

I think you're missing the point here dude...

If YOU make 50k you get a $500 camera
If YOUR referrals make you 50k (at 5%) you get $2500

Big difference

i think we're saying the same thing. sorry, according to some people here, my ghetto english is difficult to understand.

my point is, it's more beneficial to me for my referrals to collectively gross 50k in sales and earn me $2500 commission, than for me to try to earn the equivalent in rewards by pushing for 250k in sales just to win a 52" LCD TV.

Referrals are something we dont think much about. While we like them when we get them (not very much) we ALWAYS go at the publisher and tell them they aren't going to get the best deal because they have been referred. At 5% it started to become a large chunk with some. At 2% we can live with it, AND reward the guys pushing the volume.

I knew there would be crushed feelings but it's better than the alternative and that was cutting the referral program altogether.

Why would you go to the publisher and say that to him? So he can signup under a new ID so you don't have to pay referral commission? That's what it sounds like to me, correct me if I'm wrong?

If that's the case, thats just bad business, IMO.

i think we're saying the same thing. sorry, according to some people here, my ghetto english is difficult to understand.

my point is, it's more beneficial to me for my referrals to collectively gross 50k in sales and earn me $2500 commission, than for me to try to earn the equivalent in rewards by pushing for 250k in sales just to win a 52" LCD TV.

I understand that, but the point here is now you are getting something for your work instead of benefiting more for others doing that work for you.

That's the big difference here.

I didn't realize that C2M actually takes 2% (or 5%) from the referred affiliate's commission, instead of paying it from their own pocket. Is this common practice? How does it work exactly? Is it visible in the stats or is it magically shaven from your commissions?

Sure it can, for those actually making money I would rather more rewards and free money than pity referral commissions. It's a trade off.

You idiots thinking you're going to bank a ton off referrals are out of your mind because no big affiliate will work under a referral anyways.

It's more a matter of principle than it is about who makes what. It's okay to change the commission for new affiliates, because you have to choice to stop promoting them. But I don't think it's fair to change a commission that is promised for the lifetime of an account.

I didn't realize that C2M actually takes 2% (or 5%) from the referred affiliate's commission, instead of paying it from their own pocket. Is this common practice? How does it work exactly? Is it visible in the stats or is it magically shaven from your commissions?

It's taken from their margins. For math's sake, let's say the network gets $10 from the advertiser for an offer and are paying affiliates $6. If they want to work at a minimum of 20% and you get bumped, they can move you to $8 and still make their 20%.

However, if you have a referrer, your max payout will be $7.50 with $.50 going to the referrer. The network is still paying $8 on the offer in total ($7.50 for you and $.50 for the referrer) but you aren't getting everything you can. If they were to pay you $8 and your referrer $.50 they are only making 15%.

That's how I've been told it works, at least

Honestly, I think it's very bad business. Why not just give 2% from the beginning?

In the real business world someone would get sued for something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.