C2M cuts referral commissions to 2%

Status
Not open for further replies.
i gess everyone on here who has referral links in their sigs and on their blogs are idiots then. did i say i ONLY make $ via referrals? its jux another stream of income, and any smart business man would be smart enuff to take advantage of it, its free money.

You are acting like it (can't really make out what you are typing though). It is hardly a big deal. If you make so much money off your referrals, switch your link. Simple.

Sure it can, for those actually making money I would rather more rewards and free money than pity referral commissions. It's a trade off.

You idiots thinking you're going to bank a ton off referrals are out of your mind because no big affiliate will work under a referral anyways.

ur making more off rewards? really? unless ive mis-calculated, 5% referral commission from 50k sales = $2500...would u rather take that or push to gross 50k in sales just to win a $500 digital camera?

ur right, no big affiliate is going to sign up under another as a sub-aff, but we all started somewhere right? don't tell me u never read someones blog and signed up under them when u were a newb....and gess wat, ur making ur referrer some nice change now that ur a "big dog".

btw...any ballers who thinks referral income is petty and im whining, then please send me all of ur 2% commissions.

ur making more off rewards? really? unless ive mis-calculated, 5% referral commission from 50k sales = $2500...would u rather take that or push to gross 50k in sales just to win a $500 digital camera?

ur right, no big affiliate is going to sign up under another as a sub-aff, but we all started somewhere right? don't tell me u never read someones blog and signed up under them when u were a newb....and gess wat, ur making ur referrer some nice change now that ur a "big dog".

btw...any ballers who thinks referral income is petty and im whining, then please send me all of ur 2% commissions.

I'm not sending anyone shit since I don't have a referrer because of the reason I stated. Stop whining already it's getting old.

At the end of the day, that 2% will bite into their payout. I closed my reffered account and made a new one for that reason exactly.

Basically, your referrer can have that 2% or you can. What's gonna be your choice?

I'm not sending anyone shit since I don't have a referrer because of the reason I stated. Stop whining already it's getting old.

whos whining, im stating the facts which u clearly are avoiding b/c u have no argument. ill bet u everyone in here has signed up under someone at some point in their career while reading mmo blogs, i find it hard to believe u never have.

whos whining, im stating the facts which u clearly are avoiding b/c u have no argument. ill bet u everyone in here has signed up under someone at some point in their career while reading mmo blogs, i find it hard to believe u never have.

I wish you would just shut up and go work on a campaign or something. Big deal, you lost 3%. Go find a new campaign and make up for that 3% and then some.

I'm sure that Ruck & The C2M guys labored over this decision.

Although I can see why some people would be pissed you have to give them credit for being honest.

#1 - They could go right around you, change peoples CD#'s and you would earn no commissions and never know why.
#2 - They could never tell publishers why they arent getting the best possible payout on their offer.

Business is a tough thing. You can't make everyone happy all of the time. These guys are straight up with everyone and it deserves some respect. You don't find that in many companies or people nowadays.

Although I can see why some people would be pissed you have to give them credit for being honest.

#1 - They could go right around you, change peoples CD#'s and you would earn no commissions and never know why.
#2 - They could never tell publishers why they arent getting the best possible payout on their offer.

Business is a tough thing. You can't make everyone happy all of the time. These guys are straight up with everyone and it deserves some respect. You don't find that in many companies or people nowadays.

Well said, unfortunately most of these people don't realize this.

agreed...i kno ruck and everyone over at c2m are gud guys, im jux sayin that if i referred some1 at 5%, they shud stay that way, and any future referrals will be at 2%.

we ALWAYS go at the publisher and tell them they aren't going to get the best deal because they have been referred.

:ugone2far::ugone2far:

I recently posted on my blog:

The difference is the aforementioned in this industry don't know when to shut their mouth. See in real businesses the talking heads have handlers and PR people to prevent missteps and do damage control on the ones they missed.
It seemed relevant here.

Seriously? Did you just post that?

Let me make sure I understand this:

1) You offer a referral commission - thus asking other pubs to refer 2nd tier accounts, people who want to sign up under them.

2) You never tell to the referers (1st tiers) that you're going to fuck with their referrals.

3) When you get in touch with the referrals/2nd tier accounts, you tell them that because someone referred them they're never going to get the best deal.

4) ?? At this point do you advise them to open a 2nd account to dodge paying the referral? Or do you just run a nice update query to shave the referrals? Somehow I doubt that you tell people to take their business to another network because you can't compete with their payouts.

GTFO my industry.

Edit: Yes I know who Ruck is, no I don't care.

If the network needs to raise what they pay to publishers by lowering the referral cut there really is no option. Say they kept those publishers at 5% for you and kept what they pay those publishers low to support it while all new publishers get better rates. What exactly do you think would happen there? Obviously those guys will just delete those accounts and get another one and the network would have no reason to stop it.

As has been said I don't think referral programs will ever be able to be a big source of revenue. Only an extremely lucky AM that made money but is pretty stupid would say someones referral. They would simple start a business and become there own refferal to maximize revune.

If you want to keep referrals under you you have to provide them with some value. I'm currently a referral of someone on a network and will be as long as they provide me with useful advice and help. If I start making it on my own without there help I will stay under them for awhile but certainly not forever.

Being a referral for someone else and making them money if they don't help you at all is about as stupid as paying full retail price at some online retailer when you could have gotten some discount by referring yourself.

agreed...i kno ruck and everyone over at c2m are gud guys, im jux sayin that if i referred some1 at 5%, they shud stay that way, and any future referrals will be at 2%.

It hurt me to read this English and still have to agree with you.. but you're right. Even eBay, the mother of all terribly run programs, grandfathered people when they moved commission structures. Twice.

FWIW, I don't do referrals. Never have done a single one.

If the network needs to raise what they pay to publishers by lowering the referral cut there really is no option. Say they kept those publishers at 5% for you and kept what they pay those publishers low to support it while all new publishers get better rates. What exactly do you think would happen there?

This isn't the publisher's problem. Publishers are running a business, networks are running a business.

If you want to keep referrals under you you have to provide them with some value. I'm currently a referral of someone on a network and will be as long as they provide me with useful advice and help. If I start making it on my own without there help I will stay under them for awhile but certainly not forever.

And if that person is helping you to earn his 5%, hopefully for your sake he still will continue to help you out when the network decides to cut his commissions by ~60%.

While I don't care for it, there are a lot of bloggers who make the majority of their income by blogging about "how" to do affiliate marketing. And they make most of their revenue by referrals.

Being a referral for someone else and making them money if they don't help you at all is about as stupid as paying full retail price at some online retailer when you could have gotten some discount by referring yourself.

Except you just contradicted yourself, saying that you'd stay under that person as long as they helped you.

I get your points, I just don't agree.

Simple fix here, everyone stop recommending affiliate networks that are prone to pull this kind of crap. If there's no money to be earned in referring a new publisher, why create more competition for yourself on that network's exclusive offers?

At the end of the day, that 2% will bite into their payout. I closed my reffered account and made a new one for that reason exactly.

Basically, your referrer can have that 2% or you can. What's gonna be your choice?

I never realized the networks just cut 2% off your revenue and give it to the person who refered you. Do they just shave a couple leads here and there or just decrease your payouts by 2% across the board? I figured it came out of the networks 20 to 30% cut as a way to thank the refer.

When closing an account with a network to get your 2% back, do you make up some excuse to your AM. Or just flat out say I don't want my referrer getting my 2% anymore, I need a new account. I'm guessing AMs don't care as all they just want your business.

When closing an account with a network to get your 2% back, do you make up some excuse to your AM. Or just flat out say I don't want my referrer getting my 2% anymore, I need a new account. I'm guessing AMs don't care as all they just want your business.

Well I'd like to give Ruck a fair chance to post his answer, so I'm going to hold off on speculating as much as possible - but I can't imagine it being any way but the latter for the majority of these people. I've heard a lot of about how much of a stand-up org c.2.m is, so we'll see.

Jesus, can we ban this illiterate cunt yet?

haha dude, am i writing a thesis here? since when did everyone online start use proper grammar and avoided using short-hand? only those who have nothing constructive to say pick at others' grammar and spelling mistakes, etc. if you don't think i'm aware of how i'm writing and that it's done intentionally, then you're an idiot. if proofreading people's post is your thing, why don't you go find all the posts closing with "good luck bro" and have yourself a field day.

Status
Not open for further replies.