C2M cuts referral commissions to 2%

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudienceSnipe

Nov 28, 2008
I've been very happy with C2M since joined, hence the reason I was promoting them on my blog. I only have a couple referrals, but these guys are actually doing well, and WERE earning me some nice commissions until...today!

I jux found out the C2M has cut commission rates from 5% to 2% wtf! Now they are using the extra 3% to fuel their rewards programs to incentivize more sales/growth from publishers. I totally understand their intentions and why they are doing this, but I don't think the decision was made very judiciously. They should've left old referrals at 5% and brought on new referrals at 2%. After all, they wouldn't have these referrals had it not been for contests and such that are held on our blogs.

Jux my 2 cents, very disappointed...

Referrals are something we dont think much about. While we like them when we get them (not very much) we ALWAYS go at the publisher and tell them they aren't going to get the best deal because they have been referred. At 5% it started to become a large chunk with some. At 2% we can live with it, AND reward the guys pushing the volume.

I knew there would be crushed feelings but it's better than the alternative and that was cutting the referral program altogether.

I've been very happy with C2M since joined, hence the reason I was promoting them on my blog. I only have a couple referrals, but these guys are actually doing well, and WERE earning me some nice commissions until...today!

I jux found out the C2M has cut commission rates from 5% to 2% wtf! Now they are using the extra 3% to fuel their rewards programs to incentivize more sales/growth from publishers. I totally understand their intentions and why they are doing this, but I don't think the decision was made very judiciously. They should've left old referrals at 5% and brought on new referrals at 2%. After all, they wouldn't have these referrals had it not been for contests and such that are held on our blogs.

Jux my 2 cents, very disappointed...
Do the math fool. They cut your ref commisions 3% and gave you 10% rewards. The flexibility from dropping the ref commisions is only going to benefit you in the long run.

I think I said this as soon as they released the 5% amount, it wont last long!

hence why I didn't push it ha

sohan, can u do math? 50k gross sales @ 5% commissions = $2500...or 50k gross sales to get a $500 digital camera/cash...if u take the latter, ur an idiot.

At least they didn't give the publishers you referred the option to dump you as their "referrer" So they could get a higher payout - Like copeac did to me

Reactions: -Bill-
At least they didn't give the publishers you referred the option to dump you as their "referrer" So they could get a higher payout - Like copeac did to me

if the publishers at c.2m aren't braindead they will dump their refererals also, even at 2%. Copea.c is awesome.

Can someone please explain to me why everyone is so passive about this stuff? Shit, you guys get wacked out at the mere mention of an advertiser scrub but let this stuff slide & in fact take the side of the networks.

I knew there would be crushed feelings but it's better than the alternative and that was cutting the referral program altogether.

Actually, an honest man would see the alternative as standing behind your original agreement.

I make $0 off of referrals so this doesn't involve me at all. I'm just curious as to why 2 companies that we all seem to trust (c2m & cop3ac) yank the rug out from under people who brought them business and WF gives the OP "suck it up buttercup" and "get over it".

we ALWAYS go at the publisher and tell them they aren't going to get the best deal because they have been referred

Ouch!!!

Changing the rules in the middle of the game & giving affiliates the option of breaking the original referral for an extra X% sounds like a bait and switch. It also sounds like theft.

Have the berries confused your mind?

C2M have some of the lowest payouts (after asking for an increase)? eg. I said I can bring in 100 google cash offer leads, but you guys gave me $32 whereas A4D, CX, Azoogle all gave me $35 straight off and $34 from Advaliant. I don't run any offer with C2M but thats my experiennce with them.

sohan, can u do math? 50k gross sales @ 5% commissions = $2500...or 50k gross sales to get a $500 digital camera/cash...if u take the latter, ur an idiot.
Ok my bad, i thought it was 10%, not 1%. But at the end of the day, they're doing what they have to, to stay competetive with payouts. 2% or something like Hydra's 5% of THEIR profit is much more realistic than 5%.

If you only make monies by referrals like John Chow, you are an idiot.

i gess everyone on here who has referral links in their sigs and on their blogs are idiots then. did i say i ONLY make $ via referrals? its jux another stream of income, and any smart business man would be smart enuff to take advantage of it, its free money.

Ok my bad, i thought it was 10%, not 1%. But at the end of the day, they're doing what they have to, to stay competetive with payouts. 2% or something like Hydra's 5% of THEIR profit is much more realistic than 5%.

np, at least u admitted ur oversight and didnt continue to defend urself like u was right. i was jux venting, dunno why everyones hatin, except for ERECT and a couple others who understand my point.

Changing the rules in the middle of the game & giving affiliates the option of breaking the original referral for an extra X% sounds like a bait and switch. It also sounds like theft.

I agree 100%! Lowering referral commissions for new referrals is one thing, but lowering it for already registered referrals cannot be justified.

Reactions: KGL
I agree 100%! Lowering referral commissions for new referrals is one thing, but lowering it for already registered referrals cannot be justified.

Sure it can, for those actually making money I would rather more rewards and free money than pity referral commissions. It's a trade off.

You idiots thinking you're going to bank a ton off referrals are out of your mind because no big affiliate will work under a referral anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.