Bought a new gun today...

Dresden14

Haters gonna H88
Sep 24, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Just got back from the Ontario, CA gun show. Bought me a Glock 17 amongst other things.

Anyone have it? Hate it? Love it? Have a different glock model?

GLOCK171KQSVXBAPMS1024x768.jpg

Glock_17-22_H.jpg

Reactions: NickRac and Berto

Awesome - I got my carry permit back in December and have spent the last 3 weeks testing out a few different guns at the local range - Glock 17 4th Gen is on the top of my list with a Beretta 92 A1

I can't decide!

Congrats on the buy!

Nice choice cant hardly go wrong w/ a Glock. Is there a reason you went with the 9mm over say the .40?

Glock's are good guns, of course, but they don't really do anything for me. HK or Sig are more my taste since I've always kinda hated the Glock trigger.

Nice choice cant hardly go wrong w/ a Glock. Is there a reason you went with the 9mm over say the .40?

In my crazy mind, when I think the government will fail, I have two primary calibers. I've selected the 9mm, and 223. I tend to buy 9mm's as my primary side arm and 223 as my primary assault rifles. I chose only two calibers so that I can stockpile ammunition without making it so complex. I have XD's, M11s, and several other in this caliber. Of course I have other calibers though, these are just my primary calibers of choice i guess. I have only 1 40 caliber though, it's the Springfield XD .40 caliber (I have the subcompact model not the full one).

In my crazy mind, when I think the government will fail, I have two primary calibers. I've selected the 9mm, and 223. I tend to buy 9mm's as my primary side arm and 223 as my primary assault rifles. I chose only two calibers so that I can stockpile ammunition without making it so complex. I have XD's, M11s, and several other in this caliber. Of course I have other calibers though, these are just my primary calibers of choice i guess. I have only 1 40 caliber though, it's the Springfield XD .40 caliber (I have the subcompact model not the full one).

Gotcha. The only bad thing is when the gov fails I would want a bit heavier round. The 9mm rounds are cheap and you can stockpile the shit out of it so that makes a lot of sense. I love my glock .40 cal and have a nice little subcompact SR9C for concealed carry, figuring that 9 should be enough for most any problem I would encounter so I think you glock makes for a nice choice for walking around

Gotcha. The only bad thing is when the gov fails I would want a bit heavier round. The 9mm rounds are cheap and you can stockpile the shit out of it so that makes a lot of sense. I love my glock .40 cal and have a nice little subcompact SR9C for concealed carry, figuring that 9 should be enough for most any problem I would encounter so I think you glock makes for a nice choice for walking around
The whole 9mm vs .40 thing or 9mm vs .40 vs .45 is a bunch of horseshit. Pick whatever you like...they are all effective on man-sized targets, and I feel perfectly fine carrying a 9mm where I can put more rounds on target faster than most guys shooting .40.

EDIT: I also have a .45 I carry in winter, so yes, I like larger calibers. I just think of the .40 as unnecessary with those two calibers available. It's less controllable than the 9mm (at least in the guns I've tried), and leaves a smaller hole than the .45.

Good choice, I've got a 26 myself in my bunch loaded with Hornady Critical Defense. It's flawless and has never once jammed no matter how much target I've put through it since I bought it.

The things are rock solid, this guy in the video below put 1000 rounds non-stop through a stock 19. The plastic guide rod melts at the end and the glock keeps going. He should've used 33 round mags though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZxQfIBXDc]1000 Round Glock Torture Test Part Two - YouTube[/ame]

The way I see it, I have my 9mm for close combat; my ar-15's for more tactical defense up to 400 yards effectively (although I know they can go further); and for more piercing power I have 308's and 30.06's. I'm sure a 9mm would do just as much damage as a 40 or 45; despite it being a tad bit bigger. Shooting anyone with either caliber I'm sure, would stop them in their tracks. Also, you could buy more fucked off projectiles that form differently on impact (I reload some of my bullets).

How hard is it to get a carry permit where you guys live?

Here it is hard as fuck... Fuckers refusing me of my 2nd amendment right.. bahahah

In my state; fucking impossible. California is a police state. It's the most horrible piece of shit state when it comes to gun laws. Thank D/F and B/B with these bullshit jew laws. I'm planning on making the move to Arizona or Florida within the next year; then eventually hawaii which has pretty messed up laws. But many of states are pretty good with issuing ccw's.

The whole 9mm vs .40 thing or 9mm vs .40 vs .45 is a bunch of horseshit. Pick whatever you like...they are all effective on man-sized targets, and I feel perfectly fine carrying a 9mm where I can put more rounds on target faster than most guys shooting .40.

EDIT: I also have a .45 I carry in winter, so yes, I like larger calibers. I just think of the .40 as unnecessary with those two calibers available. It's less controllable than the 9mm (at least in the guns I've tried), and leaves a smaller hole than the .45.

Exactly; less recoil - but just as effective imo. All handguns are only meant for putting someone down in less than 25 meters. I love my 9's.

I have the glock 26, and the glock 30 sf, they were a little tough to get used to at first. Now, I think glocks might be the best gun for the price, accuracy and reliability. The glock 26 I've never had a misfeed, even when I use shit russian reloads. The 30sf I only had 1 jam during the break in period and that was probably because of the russian shit ammo I was shooting. When I buy decent ammo the gun shoots flawless. The guns are so easy to field strip and clean it makes it a real pleasure to own.