Best areas to live in London ?

Walking from Stockwell to Brixton at 2am on your own isn't fun to say the least.

Got on the wrong bus once after a night out in Leicester Square when I first started Uni. Had to walk from near the Stockwell tube station up Clapham road to Elephant and Castle... I was with a friend but it was an experience I'd rather not have again. Ever.

Let's not even get into Peckham.

Try Camberwell.. Or Elephant & Castle.. No no, you DEFINITELY want to get a spot in Peckham!!

the people around there are just fantastic.. always someone willing to offer a helping hand when you need it. It's one of those places where you can literally leave your front door open all day/night and absolutely nothing odd or out of the ordinary will happen.

Go for it. It will be the best decision ever.

Seven

Walking from Stockwell to Brixton at 2am on your own isn't fun to say the least.

Don't agree with the "for people tired of the city". Some people just don't like living in cities full stop, depends on tons of things. I've been to St Albans a few times, and it has an alright nightlife itself, not to mention there's nothing stopping you going out in London if that's your thing, just a little pricier for transport. Going out in London costs a bomb anyway. I've paid £10 for a JD and coke on numerous occasions. The student nights are a bit cheaper, but still very expensive compared with other towns/cities.

This, much as I love visiting my friends in London, I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a stick than live there.