Being an advertiser (my experience)

As badass as this post is, I can't help but compare this to what Dennis Yu posted on TC. Except this post wasn't as detailed; didn't out that much stuff. Ah what the fuck am I talking about, nice post man.

Awesome post. I have been involved with an advertiser for a while now and its been and awesome, albeit tiring/frustrating/highly stressful, experience.

Nice to hear someone else's road really hasn't been that different.

mpmLindsey

Does anyone know an advertiser that used SAP or Oracle software?

If you scale big, and have the money for it, they probably have a good solution for managing continuity programs.

What if you're just selling a single product and don't rebill and don't offer refunds?

if you don't offer refunds you get WAY more chargebacks. Lots of networks like RegNow or RevenueWire handle all that shit for you. what you have to do as a merchant is make sure your refund rate is manageable to keep affiliates happy (because networks like those take away affiliate commish if a product is refunded) BUT, they'll also handle billing CS for you. they'll process a refund if they suspect it'll go to chargeback but otherwise can usually enforce those policies.

you don't have to set up a merchant account directly or anything. good luck getting them to accept rebill acai offers though. that's like painting a bullseye on your ass and handing out lawn darts.

if you're going to start out as an advertiser, look for payment processing networks. honestly. as long as you're not black hat sketch, they'll handle ALL your payment processing for you, usually at around 7% + $1 per transaction. AND drive affiliates to your offer. AND provide billing CS. AND handle your affiliate payouts. you just sit back and collect cheques.