Being an advertiser (my experience)

Great to hear the entire story even though I know the offers and pretty much knew the situation. You have to walk before you can crawl and you learned a great deal and met some awesome people that propelled your business very quickly. Awesome.

With the quote above, if you could. I'm curious on your front end upsell (did you have one) or did you present an opportunity for micro-continuity such as a health tips weekly or newsletter? Also, did you have a system in place to cater to your partials and follow thru with upsells and/or micro continuity?

Hey I recognize this ;) Hehe

Seriously though, great post. Good info.

I'm curious on your front end upsell (did you have one) or did you present an opportunity for micro-continuity such as a health tips weekly or newsletter? Also, did you have a system in place to cater to your partials and follow thru with upsells and/or micro continuity?

I feel this is almost essential in order to maximize your roi and covering for events like high decline rates and to improve margins from cpa costs. A good crm for this type of followup and in general is infusionsoft. Email sequences can be triggered from actions on any process in the chain which is only limited to your creativity and plan at that point. Herbal gerbil provides solid information here, not a spoonfed manual but info that I had to make an effort to find out.

Reactions: Ruck
$100k for start thats alot

I started my first offer with lil more then $6k 4 months ago.
It's still a successful offer today.
how I did that? I research alot before I start + 0 mistakes were made.

you have used 3 merchant accounts. I'm using 10. (and each 1 of them is a hige risk account so I wont get banned for volume)

Interesting post. I just got a LinkedIn message from Ben Liljenquist about Focus Services the other day - I'm not doing anything that needs a call center now, but it sounds like they do alright (for handling rebills at least). I'm definitely staying out of the rebills market, though - I don't have the time & energy to put into that.

I'd like to hear more about authorize.net...am I setting myself up for a bunch of headaches?

That sig resembles ROIShare a lot.

Happy to know I'm producing helping threads now.

HerbalGerbil, quick question. With your dropshipper, did you ever run into severe problems? Would you recommend actually holding on to the stock yourself, or simply have a consignment like you had.

@HerbalGerbil Good post, thanks for sharing

About the amount of work it takes, I get that setting up everything so that it's working and running right is a lot of work but... Does this kind of business not lend itself to automation when you hire a few people for customer service and grunt work?

I've just set up a weight loss supplement offer in Europe, and my goal is to automate it as much as possible once I got it up and running successfully. I rather make 25K a month on semi-autopilot then 50K stressing about all the details.

@HerbalGerbil Good post, thanks for sharing

About the amount of work it takes, I get that setting up everything so that it's working and running right is a lot of work but... Does this kind of business not lend itself to automation when you hire a few people for customer service and grunt work?

I've just set up a weight loss supplement offer in Europe, and my goal is to automate it as much as possible once I got it up and running successfully. I rather make 25K a month on semi-autopilot then 50K stressing about all the details.

Don't just think grunt work... my staff does everything. I trust relative strangers in Philippines with my PPC/merchant accounts/bank accounts/the works... check out Jon Jonas. ActiveCollab + iPhone = real 4 hour work week.... well kinda! :) Great post HerbalGerbil. I was lucky to find ChargeBack Guardian before messing up any merchant accounts. I echo what voidale says. I started small with affiliate friends before going to the networks. Best to start with an intangible product rather than a physical.