ASE - Will You Be Attending?

For who like to be thrifty you can fly in and then take the shuttle bus to the hotel. I think it was 13 dollars one way.

Didn't make it to ASW so i think i'll be back for ASE, kind of early to be making plans though

I should go, live in NE Ohio, NY isn't too far, but yeah driving would suck. I've never been to an AM even yet.

I probably will yeah, it's a good time. I'm in Maryland though so I'm not too far either, will probably take the train if I go. Side note, if you ever wanna come to MD and chill hit me up.

Funny, I might have to take you up on your offer one day and buy you a few drinks.

If you can avoid it, don't drive. Try to fly in and cab it to your hotel. You can valet park your car at most of the hotels down there, where it will likely stay for the duration. Midtown Manhattan is one of the worst places to drive in the world. Last time I took a car there it took me about 15 minutes to get down 1 block.

As for recommendations in the city, here are mine from last year:

Affiliate Summit East 2009 New York | NickyCakes.com

I take pride in my restaurant knowledge, so best believe the ones listed are worth trying.

Thanks for the info Cakes. I went through your thread and it was pretty good. I looked at the Hilton's website and it's 250 bucks a night there. I'll look over at the London when it gets closer to see if I can get a pretty good deal.

You could maybe drive to the airport and use use the parking garage there then cab it into the city

Personally, I wouldn't mind driving in. I would park the car the whole time there though

This is actually a pretty damn good idea. Is the traffic shitty over by the airport? I would much rather drive and park my car there for a couple days and get a cab down to the hotel.

I should go, live in NE Ohio, NY isn't too far, but yeah driving would suck. I've never been to an AM even yet.

Dude, I'm pretty close to you. I'm about 19 miles from Cleveland in Lorain county.

Thanks everybody for the responses. I think my wife and I are either going to be taking Amtrak there or driving to the Airport like somebody had suggested. I hope to actually put some faces behind all these damn screen names :).

This is actually a pretty damn good idea. Is the traffic shitty over by the airport? I would much rather drive and park my car there for a couple days and get a cab down to the hotel.
I would park at a Newark airport lot and leave the car there. The traffic east of the airport gets worse and worse.... No need to enter NY state with your car at all. There are likely shuttles from EWA that go direct to Midtown.

I wonder why people have skipped over discussing ad Tech:SF in April and went straight to talking about ASE months later.

hell yes, I'm flying in from HNL, went to ASW10 was an eye opener (killer keynote by Dr. Cialdini too)... already registered. Never gone to adtech, how's that compare? Heard it's a lot bigger?

Will def be there. Taking the train down since I'm an hour north. And it's my birthday... Going to be a shit show.

Isn't this in August...??? Shouldn't we be talking about ad tech san fran first??

^^^THIS

Ad Tech falls on 4-20 this year too.
weed-4.gif