ASE - Will You Be Attending?

AllBizNiz

Living The Dream
Oct 27, 2009
Ohio
I'm going to try and make it out to the ASE. Since I'm fairly close, I was thinking about driving. My drive would be about 7 hours. I've never been to New York so I don't know how bad the driving conditions will be downtown by the Hilton. Any recommendations for the area would be awesome. I'm still weighing if I should fly or drive. If I do go, I hope I could meet up with some Wicked Fire people up there.

Driving in nyc is pretty horrendous. That said I usually drive down when I go and I don't mind it most of the time but a lot of people just wont do it. This isn't till august. I think I will be going.

yessir. stayed for another 5 days after ASE last summer and i have to say those were the craziest days of my life. coming from a club at 5am drunk and going out to grab a soup, every single day, lmao. If you are single (or not), check out central park on a hot day.

I'm going to try and make it out to the ASE. Since I'm fairly close, I was thinking about driving. My drive would be about 7 hours. I've never been to New York so I don't know how bad the driving conditions will be downtown by the Hilton. Any recommendations for the area would be awesome. I'm still weighing if I should fly or drive. If I do go, I hope I could meet up with some Wicked Fire people up there.

If you can avoid it, don't drive. Try to fly in and cab it to your hotel. You can valet park your car at most of the hotels down there, where it will likely stay for the duration. Midtown Manhattan is one of the worst places to drive in the world. Last time I took a car there it took me about 15 minutes to get down 1 block.

As for recommendations in the city, here are mine from last year:

Affiliate Summit East 2009 New York | NickyCakes.com

I take pride in my restaurant knowledge, so best believe the ones listed are worth trying.

Planning on going to pimp our wares. It will be my first time going, so looking forward to it. Was pretty upset that I missed ASW this year. As for driving in NYC, no way in hell I would do it personally after having been there a few times, but maybe you east coast guys are used to that sort of driving lol.

Last time I was in NYC I thought to myself I will never ever ever ever ever ever drive in this place. Good luck not getting dinked if you do.

You could maybe drive to the airport and use use the parking garage there then cab it into the city

Personally, I wouldn't mind driving in. I would park the car the whole time there though

as a new yorker who is in and out of the city daily, im telling you to fly.

NYC doesnt need another car in the city.

Defintley avoid bringing a car into the city...your not going to drive it once you get there and parking is gonna cost you $50-$100 per day to not even use it.

Anyone who attempts to drive in the city is retarded. Get in. Take a cab OR the subway.