Are you a short or long tail person?

Do you prefer bidding on short tail or long tail keywords?

• Short Tail

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Long Tail

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Both

Votes: 40 50.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually a good thread...People make money with short and long tail kws. Personally, I attack the long tails in low comp niches because my conversions are supper high...but then again, with untapped niches you can't go wrong with long or short.

No, it's not as stupid as it may sound. If you take a look at your keywords, you'll see that they are mostly either all short tail or long tail. Pretty much each person has a different preference for different reasons even though both can bring the same results.
If I take a look at my keywords I see they are both short and long tail. Thanks for putting words in my mouth. If you only have one or the other you're an idiot, so therefore the question is retarded to me.

If I take a look at my keywords I see they are both short and long tail. Thanks for putting words in my mouth. If you only have one or the other you're an idiot, so therefore the question is retarded to me.

No, idiots are not those who perfer just only short or long tails. Take a look at this thread itself, see how many posted that they only perform in short tails? Most responded with legitimate explanations also. It matters on how you want to run the campaign.

Long tail at the moment, mostly because I don't yet have the capital to be where the money is. Chasing after kws which convert and have enough volume to make it worth it is not a piece of cake.

For the 50 bucks I make daily profit-wise with my less-than-impressive budget, chasing the long tail makes sense. There's plenty of room to grow, but in the end it's money that makes things happen.

You don't necessarily have to be brilliant to make it in AM: if you have the capital it takes to drive serious traffic to your offers, that automatically puts you in a position to negotiate higher payouts with the merchant (if your traffic converts, you can negotiate higher payouts even without a lot of volume but you wouldn't exactly be in the same position) and it's only logical to assume that the companies which send traffic your way will "appreciate" you more if you have deep pockets.

It all depends on what side of the fence you're on. Call it an unfair advantage the big boys have or whatever, nobody really cares. Deal with it or get lost, that's AM for ya.

JMHO

nd31o6.jpg

i always hear 50% of your search traffic comes from each, or whatever, check your stats it'll tell you if that's true or not, so BOTH

Status
Not open for further replies.