Arbitrage and eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

didn't realize auctionads was in the $1,000,000 threshhold already. wow!

I don't think it is yet (no this isn't an insult to auctionads). I did half of last month with CJ and half with AA and while AA did bring in more, it wasn't that much more ($800 vs $700). I realize that wasn't a scientific test, but if I was jumping to the 8th tier, I would have expected it to be quite a bit more. This isn't to say they won't be there soon though. With traffic doubling every 4 days for AA, I'm sure we'll be at the 8th tier pretty soon.

My thinking is that almost everyone and their mom is signed up with e-bay, so if they click on my ad, I get paid for anything they buy in the next month even if it isn't what my ad showed. I am understanding this correctly right?

uh, since you mentioned it first, this is one of my fairly good earners!
you can use ebay's editor to make a minisite of 3 or 4 pages all about this or that very targeted sub sub niche and when they sign up you get paid.
If after signing up on Ebay, they bid on anything within a month you then score big (I get 14ukp) and it doens't matter if they actually win. But I understand this is different depending on where you are. I get a little bit even if they are members already but get in through one of my links.

Yes, most people and their dogs are unfortunately already signed up to Ebay, this is very true for the english speaking countries for which I gave up running campaigns, but there are some other countries where Ebay is starting to pick up right now, and some others where it'll happen in a year or two.
Hint: follow what Paypal is doing and which countries are going to be covered next...

Question: Using microsoft ad center it gives you the option for a display url and destination url.

Can you just put http://www.ebay.comebay.com as your display URL

and put your affiliate url as your destination URL and sent them straight to whatever ebay site you want?

Question: Using microsoft ad center it gives you the option for a display url and destination url.

Can you just put ebay.com as your display URL

and put your affiliate url as your destination URL and sent them straight to whatever ebay site you want?

as far as adwords.. yes you can, so long as nobody else is already using ebay.com as his display URL for same keywords.
You can't send them to "whatever ebay site you want", it has to be on the ebay.com domain.
Whatever you do, never trust Ebay (or Paypal) with too much money, whatever the case.

I was having a hard time working with the api, so I ended using feeds to dynamically generate product feed to html... I do not know how it will work or if it will require more work, but a couple of days of programming and we will see. Has anyone worked with the api, I spent over a day getting Invalid Token responses...

Last edited:
TXSEO - check out hotscripts.com - there are some free ebay scripts generating contextual ads. maybe you can check out the code there.

Status
Not open for further replies.