Arbitrage and eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, CJ's "realtime" reporting just updated from 5 hours ago and I have made $42 so far. So basically I doubled my money, and I'm pretty sure some more will roll in from it.

So I think I'll keep going with it for a while.

Hell yeah, a positive post for my 400th!

That's positive. Keep it up...also what is Shoemoney's ads or deal? I've heard talk but I haven't payed attention to it yet...Nevermind I will look it up. :p

I think it serves somewhat contextual ebay ads based on your keywords. I haven't looked in to it that much.

That's positive. Keep it up...also what is Shoemoney's ads or deal? I've heard talk but I haven't payed attention to it yet...Nevermind I will look it up. :p

It is keyword based. You set it up with Shoemoney, set a keyword for an ad and it will pull ads based on that keyword.

I'm up to $143, so I have sent some more traffic. I still have 5 inactive leads that once they convert, that will be another $60. It is making money, but the delay is killing me.

So, I ended up spending around $100 for traffic. Fucking overture budget didn't stop at the budget amount, but I am up to $214 today and the 7 day cookies end this weekend. I still have 5 inactive leads that would be $60 if they become active in the next 30 days, so it worked out for me.

It was profitable, but I do not like waiting days to see if it worked or not. I started sending some cheapass 7search traffic to it, and about 50% are clicking on the ads, but time will tell if they convert. It is possible, but I don't think I will focus on it.

600th post bitches.

Jdog, so because of the delay you are giving up? you made $100, you know it works why not stick with it for a while?

wfhnow, that's true. But there is some good information in that thread.

Chris, I see what your saying. I'm still sending some 7search traffic to it, so I'm holding off on overture to see if any of the cheap stuff will convert. I'm getting about 50-60% to click my ads, so I'm thinking it will.

wfhnow, that's true. But there is some good information in that thread.

Chris, I see what your saying. I'm still sending some 7search traffic to it, so I'm holding off on overture to see if any of the cheap stuff will convert. I'm getting about 50-60% to click my ads, so I'm thinking it will.
maybe it makes sense to find another niche with dirt cheap traffic
your idea works, the traffic converts except it takes a few days to convert
if you launch 10 or 15 of these sites then it might be worth it

maybe it makes sense to find another niche with dirt cheap traffic
your idea works, the traffic converts except it takes a few days to convert
if you launch 10 or 15 of these sites then it might be worth it

I got one in the works. :pimp: I couldn't finish it yesterday, because eBay would not work for me, but it will be up tonight. My EPC is around $2.00 right now.

The delay really really bothers me, but I'm trying to move past it.

I just got overbid for one of my keywords by someone forwarding traffic to ebay
he's doing pretty much the same thing you're doing, except he doesn't seem to be targetting any particular product

my keyword xxxx was overbid by someone targetting "calvin klein clinton smoke blue goblet" ... the first thought that went through my head was wtf?

Stanley, wtf is the first thing that goes through my head 99% of the time. I often wounder how productive I would be if I stopped thinking wtf all the time! that either means I am around a bunch of idiots or I am the idiot! more than likely it is me but...

I just got overbid for one of my keywords by someone forwarding traffic to ebay
he's doing pretty much the same thing you're doing, except he doesn't seem to be targetting any particular product

my keyword xxxx was overbid by someone targetting "calvin klein clinton smoke blue goblet" ... the first thought that went through my head was wtf?

I'm not forwarding directly to ebay. I have a landing page with the ebay ads on it.

why not run it directly to ebay?

Hmmm.... do you want the answer that doesn't make me look stupid?

To be honest. I haven't looked at anything other than the editor kit, so I never really thought about it. I was treating it more like an adsense arbitrage site, but I should test that.

Hmmm.... do you want the answer that doesn't make me look stupid?
lol that's up to you to decide

I figured the idea was to make money from the 7 day cookie, not the "there and now" purchase.
you're probably losing some of the clickthrough because of the added landing page. If you redirect directly to ebay you plant that cookie and then hope they make the puchase sometime within the week
anyway, I'm gonna make a test run for something similar through 7search and let you know if it works

lol that's up to you to decide

I figured the idea was to make money from the 7 day cookie, not the "there and now" purchase.
you're probably losing some of the clickthrough because of the added landing page. If you redirect directly to ebay you plant that cookie and then hope they make the puchase sometime within the week
anyway, I'm gonna make a test run for something similar through 7search and let you know if it works

It definitely makes sense.

why not run it directly to ebay?

When you do this, how do you modify your Flexible Destination Link so it shows up like a normal website on 7 search instead of the long url given to you when you create the link?

Most advertisers on 7 search have a simple site address below the default description. Right now mine is rover.ebay.com/roverXXXXXXXXXXXXX (very long)

Status
Not open for further replies.