anyone here focus mainly on SEO rather than PPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started out with PPC, but then moved on to SEO as I couldn't afford to keep throwing money on testing. I spent a lot of time experimenting with SEO, and eventually used it to rank a few sites and get them established, which continue to bring in a modest income to this day. Only once I had 'free' cash rolling in did I use it on PPC, and I'll tell you this, you need to get over your initial losses and stop thinking about how much you lost trying out a campaign. Most people who say PPC is 'difficult' say so because they always expect to turn a profit or some sort of return, and get frustrated when they don't. The reason why I wasn't making as much last year as I am now is because last year I was reluctant to lose money. But eventually as I slowly started to bank I increased my PPC expenditure on new campaigns, and the more I did this the more money I made to make up for the losses. SEO was never a big money maker for me, although what amounts to 'big money' is different for everyone here. I personally do no more than $300 a day in passive income from SEO, and while that stream of income has been coming in for a long time, it's insignificant to what I make and have come to realise is possible through PPC.

I started out with PPC, but then moved on to SEO as I couldn't afford to keep throwing money on testing. I spent a lot of time experimenting with SEO, and eventually used it to rank a few sites and get them established, which continue to bring in a modest income to this day. Only once I had 'free' cash rolling in did I use it on PPC, and I'll tell you this, you need to get over your initial losses and stop thinking about how much you lost trying out a campaign. Most people who say PPC is 'difficult' say so because they always expect to turn a profit or some sort of return, and get frustrated when they don't. The reason why I wasn't making as much last year as I am now is because last year I was reluctant to lose money. But eventually as I slowly started to bank I increased my PPC expenditure on new campaigns, and the more I did this the more money I made to make up for the losses. SEO was never a big money maker for me, although what amounts to 'big money' is different for everyone here. I personally do no more than $300 a day in passive income from SEO, and while that stream of income has been coming in for a long time, it's insignificant to what I make and have come to realise is possible through PPC.
What is insignificant today may not be tomorrow.

I am trying to focus on SEO more than PPC but the majority of my traffic (90%), and conversion is PPC. I am a PPC to CPA guy and I spend $1000 to make anywhere from $150 - $1000.

If I take off I do stop all my campaigns they are not all winners, and I do not want to take a beating.

I want something truly 24/7 if I can get there...I love and live PPC however it is constant work it is not easy especially with all the f'in spy tools out there

Every time I do PPC I lose money.

However, with blogging SEO goes incredibly well and fast. In fact now I realize I should write a post about my simple system.

I spend my time finding cool new sites and forums and get a profile or sig. Then I blog about the new site or forum with a link to my profile in the post. Of course I have 4 blogs that cross reference each other. Instant back-linking and ideas for content that puts a purpose behind my backlinks that is beyond link spam. I use Adsense because it blends with whatever I am inspired to write about, I just make sure I do an Adwords keyword check to see what combinations within the overall topic get good traffic with little competition.

I think I might reference this thread as the inspiration for my article ; )

Every time I do PPC I lose money.

However, with blogging SEO goes incredibly well and fast. In fact now I realize I should write a post about my simple system.

I spend my time finding cool new sites and forums and get a profile or sig. Then I blog about the new site or forum with a link to my profile in the post. Of course I have 4 blogs that cross reference each other. Instant back-linking and ideas for content that puts a purpose behind my backlinks that is beyond link spam. I use Adsense because it blends with whatever I am inspired to write about, I just make sure I do an Adwords keyword check to see what combinations within the overall topic get good traffic with little competition.

I think I might reference this thread as the inspiration for my article ; )

This is very true. I do some forum posting in forums I wouldn't be caught dead in...just to get some traffic and linky love.

I use PPC to test the niches and keywords. Then SEO to dominate the shit out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.