Anyone attempt or plan on climbing Mount Everest?

i honestly don't have the passion for climbing to take this on. I'd go to base camp 1 though. just seeing this mountain in person would be pretty staggering enough.

i can think of better ways to spend 100k but i understand why people want to try this.

I would like to try but I struggle to climb even my armchair. In 1998 batteries in my remote went dead and I had to climb down the armchair and take the path through the thick carpet. I had only pack of crisp and can of coca-cola. On my way I saw dead ant on the carpet. I remember last meter to my TV set. It was horrible. I couldn't breath. Finally in the distance I saw a button. I raised to my knees and pressed it and could see a bit of the Jerry Springer Show through my almost closed eyes. Horrible, horrible experience boys. But it learned me to never give up. Never.

600 people on the mountain in one go... WTF?

Everest mountaineer says crowding by 'hobby climbers' is path to tragedy | World news | guardian.co.uk

Everest-climbers-form-a-l-001.jpg

A-photograph-of-a-line-of-008.jpg

why would anyone want to climb that? I'd much rather go climb something fun and isolated.

Holy fuck. I retract my statement. I have a hard time finishing books but might just pick this up.

I'm not a big reader but I read Into Thin Air and it's difficult to put down. I have no interest in doing this kind of shit, but I'm always intrigued by people that are. Read this book, it's frickin good. I still have it and I'll mail it to you if you want.

At 19k elevation for me, it was 10 steps, then 20 breaths. Everyone else was probably running 10 steps, 30-40 breaths. Fuck going into the death zone. And if I was going up there, fuck doing it with 500 gumbies around me to make catastrophic mistakes.

The headache was pretty impressive too, although not going from 2500' to 19,000' in only 5.5 days with one "acclimatization" night at 12k feet would probably have alleviated that somewhat.

Eliquid, the old timers used to build wooden ladder bridges to cross the crevasses, it was a lengthy affair involving a lot of cheap sherpa labor.

I hope to be able to do the 7 peaks (tallest peaks of each continent). Call me crazy, call me suicidal, I really don't care. Like

Sir Edmund said, why climb the Everest, "because it's there".

You (nay sayer) guys don't tell me you never done anything extremely difficult (whatever your reasons)? Or never wanted to?

As for me, since my wife is a bitch and is always putting me down, it gives me an extra incentive to do this crap. And money isn't the issue, if you want it you will find a way.

If you are looking for cheap ways to summit Everest, be careful specially with Asian Trecking. Those guys have the worst death rate on Everest. Don't be cheap with this stuff, your life is at stake OP.

If you really go on with this insanity (because it is) best of luck to you and remember this, it's better to come home with you pride/heart broken than to never come home.

I climbed MT. Fuji in Japan and once you start getting past I don't know what elevation it was but once you past that point it is sooo hard to breath. as grindstone said just to take ten steps is like running 1-2 miles for your heart and lungs. it's like there is almost no air to breath.

beautiful sites though you feel like a god looking down through the clouds.

I hope to be able to do the 7 peaks (tallest peaks of each continent). Call me crazy, call me suicidal, I really don't care. Like

Sir Edmund said, why climb the Everest, "because it's there".

You (nay sayer) guys don't tell me you never done anything extremely difficult (whatever your reasons)? Or never wanted to?

As for me, since my wife is a bitch and is always putting me down, it gives me an extra incentive to do this crap. And money isn't the issue, if you want it you will find a way.

If you are looking for cheap ways to summit Everest, be careful specially with Asian Trecking. Those guys have the worst death rate on Everest. Don't be cheap with this stuff, your life is at stake OP.

If you really go on with this insanity (because it is) best of luck to you and remember this, it's better to come home with you pride/heart broken than to never come home.

Honestly, it sounds like divorce may be the best solution here. Both time, money and health wise.

I climbed MT. Fuji in Japan and once you start getting past I don't know what elevation it was but once you past that point it is sooo hard to breath. as grindstone said just to take ten steps is like running 1-2 miles for your heart and lungs. it's like there is almost no air to breath.

beautiful sites though you feel like a god looking down through the clouds.

Pics?

Why are you still married to her then?

Kids and me being to coward to leave them.

Nevermind, if for every bitchy wife/woman there was a divorce, maybe married people would be an endangered species.

That's why I firmly believe young kids should only concentrate on money, women come second, or at least they should.