Anyone attempt or plan on climbing Mount Everest?

I plan to Climb This Mt Everest

attachment.php

Attachments

• 722008100410AM_cleavage2.jpg
    722008100410AM_cleavage2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 400

I personally think mountain climbing is just another expression of Freudian penis envy.

Ahh, to high for me, and i still love my life. I would rather climb Mont Blanc with the old guys, but stay alive

It sounds pretty boring. Cliff notes?

It is a first hand account on the 1996 Everest disaster that claimed 8 people after they were trapped on top of the mountain due to a storm. This guy, Beck Weathers was one of the survivors. He lost his vision during the climb due to the effects of high altitude and overexposure to ultraviolet radiation and had to stumbled back down the mountain by himself, blind. He lost an arm and part of his nose due to severe frost bite.

beck-weathers.jpg

Summary/cliff notes can be found here-

It is a first hand account on the 1996 Everest disaster that claimed 8 people after they were trapped on top of the mountain due to a storm. This guy, Beck Weathers was one of the survivors. He lost his vision during the climb due to the effects of high altitude and overexposure to ultraviolet radiation and had to stumbled back down the mountain by himself, blind. He lost an arm and part of his nose due to severe frost bite.

beck-weathers.jpg

Summary/cliff notes can be found here-

Holy fuck. I retract my statement. I have a hard time finishing books but might just pick this up.

Yea sure i'll risk my life to climb a mountain...

Actually no that's pretty retarded.

This!
Fuck spending 60k$ and years of training and other expenses to climb a mountain, I rather spend that energy and money training some sport or bodybuilding or just laying on my ass somewhere warm :)

Egomaniac's with inferiority complexes, now just a carcass in the wind used as landmark.

Future carcass/landmark says, "Please don't leave me" Egomaniac replies, "Fuck you I got a mountain to climb"

everest4wr.jpg

This poor soul was attempting his last FAP session?

Last edited:
Just found this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moBJMGNSql4]Mount Everest ICE FALL.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

WTF is up with the ladders and shit?

I mean, I wouldn't walk my ass over a thin alum ladder over a crack like that, but still.. how about the hold timers that didn't have that shit?

I always thought it would be cool as a bucket list type of thing to do, but after seeing the videos and the 1 in 4 fact, ill pass now.

Half the point of climbing mountains is to get away from every other fucker on the planet.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I'd gone to the trouble of going up Everest and had to fucking queue.

If you're considering Kilimanjaro, I can recommend Mount Kenya.... not as busy (because it's not quite as high) and a more challenging climb. I did it a few years ago, was great fun.

WTF is up with the ladders and shit?

I mean, I wouldn't walk my ass over a thin alum ladder over a crack like that, but still.. how about the hold timers that didn't have that shit?

I always thought it would be cool as a bucket list type of thing to do, but after seeing the videos and the 1 in 4 fact, ill pass now.
1 in 4 fact? What do you mean?

As to the ladders, they used ice picks etc, but they had a way way way higher chance of dying. Now it's only about a 4% chance.

Did some reading on it today, K2 is apparently harder. (And I'd imagine less busy)

1 in 4 fact? What do you mean?

As to the ladders, they used ice picks etc, but they had a way way way higher chance of dying. Now it's only about a 4% chance.

Did some reading on it today, K2 is apparently harder. (And I'd imagine less busy)

He meant that there's a 25% chance of death.

According to the published death rates, Everest is only (lol) around 6%. K2 is the second highest peak but has a much higher death rate of 23%. The most dangerous peak to climb is supposedly Annapurna which is the 10th highest peak but has a death rate of 38%.

wIRPk.png

Meanwhile I'm too much of a pussy to even visit Denver because I might be short of breath.

Why climb Everest? There is no reward that exists in reality, the only reward exists in your head. Maybe if there were a pot of gold or half a dozen hookers at the top, I would say go for it. All there is, is a bunch of dead bodies, steep hills and freezing cold snow.