Status
Not open for further replies.

erect

Jun 3, 2007
Esoterica
twitter.com
Rating - 20.5%
21   93   3
I've had this site laying around for quite some time and have never had the chance to fully develop it out so I've decided to shut down the registration process and open the doors to you guys.

Basically, I've got a whole list of services that give any site on the internet a link. Nothing special here, a bunch of whois, alexa & HTML validator type of sites with a few others that I've run across checking up on backlinks. I've also implemented the Yahoo API that gives 10 additional direct links to your site (if you're Y! indexed).

By my count, 32 of the links are dofollow + all the ones megafoo gives out are too for those of you who care about that stuff.

Your site's title, description & keyword tags are scraped when you submit your url, this builds some content for the page. You can change this information by uploading a key to your domain (click "edit this listing" for more info). Don't forget to delete it when your done, else your listing will get raped.

All I ask in return is for you to do both of us a favor ... build some direct links to your megafoo directory page. Doing this will help gbot & slurp find the page with all these links which will help get your new backlinks indexed, giving you and I some extra juice in the process.

example page

add your site

Enjoy, and if you notice anything wrong with the site, feel free to let me know and I'll get around to fixing it early next year.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to pull any site that I feel might make megafoo part of a "bad neighborhood", so permanent placement is not guaranteed. Submit shitty sites and you'll run the risk of me closing down open submissions for everyone. Megafoo is literally translated as "a gigantic shit" or at least that's what megapoo would be ... it's what I though of when I picked up the site a while ago. Kind of catchy, eh?

lolz @ "the gay webmaster's oasis" :D

ps: thanks for the generosity :) I haven't added a website (yet), but I will in the (not-so-distant) future.

Probably mid-high xx,xxx

ass munch!

No sense in the mighty and powerful bofu doing it by hand. So you don't have to break out HTTP Headers, just post the variable domain_name to hxxp://www.megafoo.com/fl_right.php ... and whaddya say about about a 10 second delay on each.

Automate some direct links to each & we'll still be friends when you're done raping my HG account.

Nice script\site, thanks for opening this up.

No problem at all, it's the least I can do for you guys

Googlebot showed up quite a bit yesterday looking at these new pages you guys inserted. I've got a special little field in the db just for him.

makemoniesonline is officially banned after being submitted a dozen times yesterday ... thanks to everyone for making sure I didn't miss that site :/ On a side note ... thumbshots actually displays a pic for that site. So congrats on dickrolling me for the 1st time in almost a year.

Doesn't work with one of my pages, says the page doesnt and when I try to add it it says the page does already exist. Did you maybe delete it because it's just a landing page?

I didn't delete anything (except banning mmo above). Landing pages are fine, xanga/blogspot/wp mininet pages are fine ... my standards are honestly pretty low. Check the domain again (search alphabetically in the directroy at the bottom of each page), if it's really not there then shoot me the url via PM or post it here.

Reactions: emp
This is great, and I will make sure to throw more links your way.

::emp::
+rep as well (never hurts, eh?)

Thanks for that man. Stupid question: do you need to do something other than to add your site and edit the tags and description?

I didn't delete anything (except banning mmo above). Landing pages are fine, xanga/blogspot/wp mininet pages are fine ... my standards are honestly pretty low. Check the domain again (search alphabetically in the directroy at the bottom of each page), if it's really not there then shoot me the url via PM or post it here.

It shows up now. Great service, thanks.

Hah, was trying to remember the name of this site and couldn't find it on WF. Finally traced it via backlinks and submitted a site. You got $9.75 from me once, but now I'm gonna continue with the free links and throwing inbounds at the pages.

Clif's Notes: Thanks for a cool service and for giving us the free option.

Status
Not open for further replies.