2011 Hyundai Sonata

mpbiz

Apr 29, 2010
Anybody checked this car out yet? Thinking about buying one towards the end of summer.

2011-hyundai-sonata-leaked-02.jpg

2011-hyundai-sonata-leaked-03.jpg

2011-hyundai-sonata-leaked-04.jpg

2011-Hyundai-Sonata-002.jpg

2011-Hyundai-Sonata-25.jpeg.jpg

One caught my eye on the road today (not sure if 2011 or 2010, but looks like this), and I was surprised when I saw it was a Hyundai... Not sure how their cars really are, but it looks like they've come a long way since they first appeared in the US.

I'm guessing that car comes out to be around the same price as if you were to go with something like a Civic, and add "premium" features to it (audio, stability, etc.), so it looks like a good value for the price. Even if the thing breaks down, they do have a good warranty to back it up, probably a result of trying to get rid of the shit image they have from when they first debuted here. It's not quite a BMW or Lexus, but it sure will save you some money over those, and still looks pretty good.

I just realized that your signature might hint at an answer, in this case...
Fuck you! That's my name! You know why, mister? Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name

While I have to agree that Hyundai has come a long way in recent years, the back end and the molding line that goes down the side of that car are freakin' hideous.

But to each his own.

Hyundai builds a great car now. Their interior styling is obviously stolen straight from Infiniti on their higher end models, and the exterior styling is stolen from Lexus. If you can get past the Hyundai name badge (I can't) you'll be very satisfied. I rode in a Genesis Coupe the other day and I was really surprised how nice it was for a $20k car. That said, get the extended warranty.

I think a used Lexus would outperform a new Hyundai any day.

Styling about the same but finish quality much higher for the Lexus.

Reliability would be incredible for the Lexus and not so much for the Hyundai. Cost of ownership for the Lexus would be much much lower over time.

Used Lexus - Better quality. Lower registration fees. Longer life. Higher Resale. New car price hit has already been realized.... and on and on and on.

New Hyundai - Looks good enough. But it is all downhill from there. And trust me, your girl would rather you have the Lexus.

I think a used Lexus would outperform a new Hyundai any day.

Styling about the same but finish quality much higher for the Lexus.

Reliability would be incredible for the Lexus and not so much for the Hyundai. Cost of ownership for the Lexus would be much much lower over time.

Used Lexus - Better quality. Lower registration fees. Longer life. Higher Resale. New car price hit has already been realized.... and on and on and on.

New Hyundai - Looks good enough. But it is all downhill from there. And trust me, your girl would rather you have the Lexus.

^ Truth.

A guy at work just bought this, and I had to do a double take when I saw it in the parking lot. Haven't been inside yet, but it looks pretty nice on the outside. This guy is frugal as hell too, so it has to be a pretty solid car for the money.