YPN closing accounts for placing pictures next to ads, etc.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michel Z.

Jun 24, 2006
Israel
YPN closing accounts for placing pictures next to ads, etc.!?

Recently I heard on different forums, blogs, etc. that YPN is closing accounts for placing pictures next to their ads. For example MySpace related sites and Arcade game sites placing pictures (i.e. hot babes, games) next to YPN text link ads whereby it looks that those links are also games or MySpace stuff. Especially, when YPN ads are integrated within the content it's sometimes hard to see the difference, you must look carefully in order to notice. Those MySpace & Arcade game sites are showing high pay out ads like 'mortgages', 'medical stuff', etc. It looks like that Yahoo is NOT very happy with this way of advertising, though GEO targeting allows to do so, and starts to close accounts (from what I heard...) for 'unrelated' traffic, low conversions (advertisers), etc.!

I am thinking to set up an Arcade game site as well using the same concept as described above, but wondering what YPN latest TOS/policy is regarding this matter!! I don't want to put in a lot of work & getting banned by YPN later. When I check recently MySpace related and Arcade game sites, I still see plenty of them showing pictures next to YPN ads, etc.!

WHAT'S TRUTH HERE???

Thanks a lot! :)

There has been a lot of this mentioned on forums/blogs over the past 2 months. The common theme was usually myspace (or similar) traffic and/or ads with pictures.

imagenesis said:
Images next to add = banned. I recently got into YPN and it's in one of their blog posts.

Are you willing to show us this YPN post in their blog through a link here?
Or copy/paste their text?
Thanks for your time...

Michel Z. said:
I am thinking to set up an Arcade game site as well using the same concept as described above

I have an arcade site (in my sig) with average payouts.. Although I use adsense. I cant get into YPN - I heard they have considerbly dropped their payouts.

It was really high initially to lure publishers away from Adsense and other affiliate campaigns. :ak:

Rrev said:
What´s the story with Adsense and pictures next to ads?
with adsense you're 'supposed' to have a clear border to distinguish the ad from the image.

adsense team said:
Publishers are still welcome to place images above the ads. The only exception is if it’s in such a way that it looks like the images are part of the ads.

When something like that comes to our attention, we’ll ask that the publisher place a visible border between the ads and the images, to make it clear that the images are not being served by Google on behalf of the advertisers. We generally do not ask publishers to remove the images completely, we just ask that they add borders to avoid confusion.

via jensense

Status
Not open for further replies.