YPN and arbitrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbyte

Oct 22, 2006
Colorado
How picky is Yahoo with arbitrage on the publisher side? Has anyone seen problems with Yahoo as long as the traffic is US only and the landing pages of good quality?

Chris

I haven't had any problems with YPN, but apparently they place messages in your account that tells you if your sites aren't following their TOS instead of out-right banning you.

I'll give it a shot. I am using my geo-targeting script to weed out non-US visitors (they will see Google ads instead). I got a visible link away from the landing page, too. And last but not least a note that the website is still under construction and that more content is currently developed.

It's such a nice niche if YPN does not complain. Highest bid on 7search is $0.03 and the highest bid on Yahoo is $2.00 in return and $1.99 for second rank. There is a maximum of 14 search results on 7search for this niche, but according to the bids a good number of searches. Almost too good to be true.

Chris

I'm doing pretty well with YPN. Their ad targeting is pretty bad, though. Many broad niches are beyond reach because all the ads are local -- for the wrong location. Those are some of the highest-paying but the CTR is horrible.

Many other niches, especially consumer goods, work well with YPN. Try to go for things without any local component.

CTR sucks balls, but the higher paying clicks make up for it (more or less)

they're not too picky.. just dont send International traffic and don't fuck with the images without borders shit

word of advice, if some asshat posts something like "they are very picky" and nothing else, ignore it! assclown!

the trick is to keep submitting the rejected keywords, if you have 1000 keywords it might take you 3 submissions to get them all in

makes sense now.. Ive been denied a bunch of times as a publisher, but ive only tried submitting 1 website.

Status
Not open for further replies.