Your views on PPC Arbitrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see,..so back to my question, for those who are experienced in arbitrage should i try spending $200 on arbitrage or spend it on my site, which is in need of links and traffic? I am at a pretty low budget ATM because I am just getting into this stuff...so maybe take that into account

edit: AHHH i have too many questions. as for the arbitrage site itself, is it supposed to look simple? or very professional? Would a wordpress site work okay with arbitrage or will it be less successful?

juniodude said:
as for the arbitrage site itself, is it supposed to look simple? or very professional? Would a wordpress site work okay with arbitrage or will it be less successful?

Doesn't matter with arbitrage, ad placement/blending is the most important.

juniodude said:
...AHHH i have too many questions. as for the arbitrage site itself, is it supposed to look simple? or very professional? Would a wordpress site work okay with arbitrage or will it be less successful?

I keep mine as simple as possible. Just a plain two column layout with a very plain header. Place the emphasis on the ads and you are good to go.

Actually my first arbitrage site is running on wordpress. But, my new ones aren't. They are just static 3 -5 page sites.

alrightpeter said:
I keep mine as simple as possible. Just a plain two column layout with a very plain header. Place the emphasis on the ads and you are good to go.

Actually my first arbitrage site is running on wordpress. But, my new ones aren't. They are just static 3 -5 page sites.

are you making at least 3:1 on your returns like Jon is?

JUniodude- damn, here is an idea, jump the fuck in with both feet and spend every penny you gots bro! oh waite, you could be smart and remember all those things you learned in high school on how to run an experiment. spend $10 on a 3rd tier ppc company. pay $.05 a click, send traffic to a site that has either adsense or yahoo on it that will pay you atleast 3:1. on the page have all outclicks that pay you money. Have the ads look like part of the page as much as possible. Even Jon will tell you your content does not and should not be great. But instead of asking the non stop questions, spend $10 learn something and then ask questions!

OK.. I'll bite on this.

What PPC companies do you guys suggest to buy the keywords from?
Since I am in Switzerland, revenue has to come from google, YPN is out.

::emp::

emp said:
OK.. I'll bite on this.

What PPC companies do you guys suggest to buy the keywords from?
Since I am in Switzerland, revenue has to come from google, YPN is out.

::emp::

I recommend 7search, SearchFeed, and Miva.

Okay, yeah i was dumb in saying to find a niche paying $0.40 per click. That won't be hard.

Just one question before I jump in and experiment, what type of ads do you put on the site?

Adsense and an affiliate link or what? Only PPC. I am a bit weary about having an affilaite link as I'll need to get an action from it to profit, otherwise I just lost the 5 to 10 cents for sure.

Also, how many Adsense ads do you put on? The more ads you put, the less you'll get from the 4th or 5th advertisers? Do you also put a link unit?

Yeah I'm sorry for asking these questions, but I have an idea for how to make a static 3-5 page site and experimenting with Miva, etc, but I'd just like to know about what/how many Ads to put on.

Finally, can I ask how much some of you guys are making from PPC Arbitrage?

Saadh said:
Okay, yeah i was dumb in saying to find a niche paying $0.40 per click. That won't be hard.

Just one question before I jump in and experiment, what type of ads do you put on the site?

Adsense and an affiliate link or what? Only PPC. I am a bit weary about having an affilaite link as I'll need to get an action from it to profit, otherwise I just lost the 5 to 10 cents for sure.

Also, how many Adsense ads do you put on? The more ads you put, the less you'll get from the 4th or 5th advertisers? Do you also put a link unit?

Yeah I'm sorry for asking these questions, but I have an idea for how to make a static 3-5 page site and experimenting with Miva, etc, but I'd just like to know about what/how many Ads to put on.

Finally, can I ask how much some of you guys are making from PPC Arbitrage?

If you are concerned with the low payout clicks, you can block specific advertisers in Adsense if you want to go through the trouble.

Perhaps the key isn't necesarily slapping on as many ads as possible. Maybe it's more about giving the visitor less immediate choices on where to click. Blend your ads into the content and use images next to them. Make sure you put a 1 pixel border around your images to stay within Google TOS.

DruSam said:
If you are concerned with the low payout clicks, you can block specific advertisers in Adsense if you want to go through the trouble.

Perhaps the key isn't necesarily slapping on as many ads as possible. Maybe it's more about giving the visitor less immediate choices on where to click. Blend your ads into the content and use images next to them. Make sure you put a 1 pixel border around your images to stay within Google TOS.
Thanks, yeah, no I'm fine with the low paying ads, more concerned about people clicking the ads.

But yeah, so if its solely PPC arbitrage, you don't put any affiliate links in, only well blended adsense?

I'm comfortable with Adesense blending as I've done it well with content sites.

Saadh, your question depends on the quality of traffic or what you are bidding on. if it was ringtones and you were paying $.05 then you would not do adsense but an affiliate with an easy payout. makes alot more money, now if you were doing travel and the keyword was paying out $3 in yahoo then you do yahoo. it just depends on what you are doing

yeah, i will test it soon and probably start asking more questions afterwards...just wanted to get some direction...so i will probably start soon, ill keep you guys posted..and probably might ask some more questions later on. thanks guys, keep posting if you want, keep us informed and educated=)

juniodude said:
okay i see. so its more of calculations than actual luck and risk eh. Lots of trial and error too? Is anyone into arbitrage?

And some people think learning math was a waste of time!

Risk is risk....learn to manage it. Play the odds and know the stats. Just don't walk away without learning something (win OR loose). Even loss can give you valuable lessons you might not have learned any other way. The results of those lessons learned can bring in the big bucks in the future.

Great step in the process.....info gathering! Keep us posted of what you decide and the results, please.

Wow, arbitrage is really interesting. Well its also the skill in creating good link ads and stuff, correct? Mmm, I'm done with asking questions for now until I get some experimenting done on my own.

I'm still just curious about members here giving advice, if any of you guys are making money from Arbitrage?

hey sorry, one last question popped into my head yesterday. is there anything we need to start? click fraud programs or anything? just making sure..thanks

I've been making money with arbitrage (traffic from low cost PPC > Adsense) since the RichJerk ebook was released (yes - I did buy it ;)) But I've never really made huge amounts from it like some people. That's mainly because I've been concentrating on other stuff that will work better for the long term.

The amount I make with arbitrage on a per site basis isn't much either. Less than $10/day per site (profit) and I certainly don't see 7:1 returns like Jon says he does! :) I'm lucky if I get 3:1. But then I've only picked lower paying niches because I find it easier to get the really cheap (< $0.10) keywords on them. I did try doing some arbitrage on a credit card site once, but just couldn't get it to work out as even on the cheaper PPC networks the keywords were just too much.

No. As I said in a previous post, AdWords is relatively expensive. You wanna buy low and sell high. So you're best off using companies like searchfeed and miva to get your traffic. I plan on trying 7search as well - haven't used them yet. Then use Google and Yahoo for the text ads on your site.

Jon said:
I just want to let everyone know that PPC Arbitrage is like finding the key and passcode for a newly stocked ATM. Well, maybe not THAT easy or big, but definitely along the same lines. I give it at least 3 years before it starts becoming a little whored out. But really, there are so many tens of millions of niches out there, that it will be pretty hard for anyone to truly dominate. So there is a ton of room for everyone, and a ton of cash on the line to be made. In some ways I feel like this shit is so easy to do, and the potential to make so much money is like the day my programmers made me the ICQ spam bot, and we were the only ones spamming ICQ for 10 months straight. We made so much fucking money it was rediculous. But then people caught on. But even so, it didn't matter, and in that area, it was bound to be saturated quickly. But here, there is literally no limit.

You can make 100 keyword sites, or 10. Either way, you will see a minimum of a 3:1 ROI immediately. CTR's as high as 77%. Payouts so far as high as $6.25 a click. Granted, the avg will usually teter at around 30% CTR, and $0.45-$1.25 per click, but when you're spending under 10 cents a click, who gives a shit?

Just wanted to say that I had put ppc arbitrage on the back burner in order to work on other things, and after reading Jon sing its praises over and over again I decided to give it a shot. After doing the research and finding the right combination - you're gonna be loving life! Thanks Jon!

Status
Not open for further replies.