• LINUX

Votes: 33 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jabberwokky

Apr 12, 2010
So, what is it WF?

Windows, Mac or Linux???

Personally I use both Windows & Linux. Was brought up PC but Linux is just so much more powerful. (For the automated/scripting shit I do anyways).

Gotta give a shout out to Linux for sure. I hate having to test a distro before installing it, due to hardware driver compatibility, but that isn't the fault of the developers.

Personally I have been amazed with most Linux distros ability to determine (even some of my newest) hardware.

Where I need to download this driver, pop in this cd, and search high and low for certain settings in Windows - Linux has handled plug n play every time. So far at least.

Gotta give a shout out to Linux for sure. I hate having to test a distro before installing it, due to hardware driver compatibility, but that isn't the fault of the developers.

Windows for everything. Grew up reverse engineering on it, so I know the OS internals by heart.

lol fucken Linux. I thought I'd go back to Linux for a while on my laptop, installed the latest Ubuntu... they still haven't fixed the Samba bug where it can't connect to Windows shares if you have Windows Live installed. Installed Windows 7 again and couldn't be happier.

Linux, it can be a bitch at times, but the peace of mind is worth it.

Agree

I use OS X as my daily basis OS, linux for managing my servers and Windows when I need to run some specific tasks or run specific IM/SEO software so basically I use all of them for different tasks

Dual boot Ubuntu/Win7. Ubuntu for most stuff, Win7 for specific stuff that is just easier to do in windows (certain programs).

Personally I have been amazed with most Linux distros ability to determine (even some of my newest) hardware.

Where I need to download this driver, pop in this cd, and search high and low for certain settings in Windows - Linux has handled plug n play every time. So far at least.

Lol, I used to feel the same way, but my new Toshiba Satellite and an older HP Pavillion taught me otherwise. Integrated Intel cards (wireless, video) can give you headaches and the provided fixes don't always work.

Again, not hating, just wish I didn't have to do a test run before a full install. Windows can suck my balls.

Lol, I used to feel the same way, but my new Toshiba Satellite and an older HP Pavillion taught me otherwise. Integrated Intel cards (wireless, video) can give you headaches and the provided fixes don't always work.

Again, not hating, just wish I didn't have to do a test run before a full install. Windows can suck my balls.

Fucken Toshiba Satellite's! I had a client who wanted me to install Windows 7 Ultimate on his brand new Satellite as it came with Home Premium. Pretty much NOTHING worked after the clean installation, no WIFI\ethernet\bluetooth\audio\SD. Having no ability to connect to the internet meant I couldn't go to the horribly hard to navigate Toshiba website to download the drivers. What a goddamn painful 5 hour long adventure that was.

I fell in love with Linux Mint a couple weeks ago. Once I figure out how to get VirutalBox to boot up my current Windows 7 partition on it so that I can run a few programs that won't work with WINE it'll all be good.

I fell in love with Linux Mint a couple weeks ago. Once I figure out how to get VirutalBox to boot up my current Windows 7 partition on it so that I can run a few programs that won't work with WINE it'll all be good.
When you figure this out, tell me, so I can do it too. Pls.

Win 7 on desktop, CentOS for servers. I'd like to get into linux on the desktop, maybe a really streamlined Arch install with a minimalist window manager like dwm... but I just don't have the time and can't be assed when there's a lot of shit to get done at the moment. Windows 7 is the best "just works" OS for IM atm for me.