WordPress AutoPush, drive visitors to your website with the click of a mouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

How does one unsubscribe then?

At the moment users can unsub from the settings in chrome.

I'm working on an update today, which will allow people to include a link that will unsub users, since this feature isn't supported in v1.

Not having a link to unsub users was raised as an issue regarding complying with EU laws and will be an optional setting in the v1.1 update of WP AutoPush.

It will be optional, since I don't want to force people who aren't living in the EU or countries that require an unsub process on the website to have to comply with them**.

So it's there if you need it.

** To be clear, I am not advocating people break their countries laws, but as most people on WF know, I am not a person who believes people should be forced to comply with a Government, especially one they don't live under.

And as someone who does not live in a country where those laws apply, seeing websites with 50% of the screen taken up by "warning, this site uses cookies!" is annoying and pointless.

I believe in freedom and what you do with your website is your right and your business.

Version 1.1 Released

• Optional ability to unsubscribe users via link
  • Added shortcodes for subscribe Link, Button and Image
  • Added the ability to use any element as a subscribe link via ID tag

EkQOU3n.png

Do you have your own Google GCM id / Apple developer certificate for this ?

I would be wary of pushing adult content using it as Google could revoke it if they got pissy. GoRoost allows adult content but they make you purchase their enterprise level package ($500/m) and you have to provide your own ids.

Regardless, looks awesome!

Awesome Support

My review will be coming shortly.

But I will say this now.. I threw a lot of obstacles at acidie about being able to review his plugin and he has made it 100% effortless for me to try it, use it, and play with it live.

If anything, his support before I even got to log into Wordpress is enough to make me want to buy a full version at the moment.

My review will be coming shortly.

But I will say this now.. I threw a lot of obstacles at acidie about being able to review his plugin and he has made it 100% effortless for me to try it, use it, and play with it live.

If anything, his support before I even got to log into Wordpress is enough to make me want to buy a full version at the moment.

Cool man. It looks pretty sweet. I'll wait for your review.

Do you have your own Google GCM id / Apple developer certificate for this ?

I would be wary of pushing adult content using it as Google could revoke it if they got pissy. GoRoost allows adult content but they make you purchase their enterprise level package ($500/m) and you have to provide your own ids.

Regardless, looks awesome!

Thanks for the comment (o_O).

I realize I needed to go into a bit more detail about sending adult with this plugin.

You do need a GCM ID for the plugin, and I agree it could be and issue.

But...

When GCM was originally for mobile only and the messages were sent via Android OS, the message content passed through Google and they could see everything you were doing.

With the new version for the Chrome browser, which also works for mobile (but uses Chrome browser instead of Android OS), the messages exist outside of Google.

Google only receives a command that tells them to notify the browser there is a message and the browser does the rest of the work.

The only data Google receives is an ID for the browser you want to send a message to.

Caveat;

This doesn't mean that people can send anything they want and expect it never to be a problem.

If Google received enough complaints it would be quite easy for them to find out who was sending the messages and ban that account.

And if that happened you would lose access to sending messages to all your current subscribers and would have to start again with a new GCM ID key.

Thought Exercise;

If I was to start sending Adult messages with the plugin, what I would do is keep the messages on point and have the sub process clear.

I would make it clear what people are signing up for and what they will expect to receive.

I personally would have a banner on the website, something like the one below.

s399bEQ.png

If they know what they are getting into they are unlikely to complain and if you mix updates with adverts most people aren't going to being able to tell the difference.

This is only my personal option, so take it for what it is worth, but since the messages are outside of Google and as long as you don't get any complaints from users directly to Google, then it shouldn't be a problem.

So, been playing with this...

Pretty awesome idea.

I like how I can hit people on Chrome OS and Chrome browser with it.

The instructions were pretty clear and Acidie had to jump through some hoops for me to get me set up because I didn't know I needed IonCube and SSL installed to have it work correctly.

I was able to make my first message, implement it, test it, and see a live result in less than 3 minutes.

You will need to set up a project and get some keys from Google first, which might slow some people down... but this is a pretty awesome tool if you do not mind a little bit of setup ( should take like 10 minutes, thats all it took me running through an example setup ).

Status
Not open for further replies.