Windows 8 - Even a 12-year old can't do it! LOL

Shit, I was using XP up until 8 or so months ago. Only upgraded for software compatibility reasons. If it ain't broke...

Windows 8 - Even a 3-year old can do it! LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlZgcAacIxU]a 3 year old walks us through Windows 8 - YouTube[/ame]

Metro is designed for tablet use so I have no clue why everyone is complaining about how it doesn't work perfectly on a laptop/desktop.

Metro is designed for tablet use so I have no clue why everyone is complaining about how it doesn't work perfectly on a laptop/desktop.

How many Windows laptops/desktops get sold per year? Guys like this below are going to go to the store to buy a computer and end up with Windows 8 :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4boTbv9_nU]How Real People Will Use Windows 8 - YouTube[/ame]

Windows 8 is nice, Boots up before I am done blinking. Still have a normal desktop and cool new start UI.

Fuck these little nancy boys who cant spend 3 minutes figuring out, gasp, NEW FEATURES?

They wouldn't be new features if you knew how to fucking use them.

Sent from my Windows 8.

I may give Windows 8 a test run this week.

Just seems like a hassle without a lot of benefits. But I'd love to hear more stories from people who are happy with the upgrade. If it saves me time or makes me more productive, I'm all over it.

I may give Windows 8 a test run this week.

Just seems like a hassle without a lot of benefits. But I'd love to hear more stories from people who are happy with the upgrade. If it saves me time or makes me more productive, I'm all over it.

I have been very happy with Windows 8. I think too many people complain about the new start screen before giving it a chance. I like it more than the old start menu now.

God what a retarded fucknut that faggot is.
"Go to Facebook" -> goes to Google and enters facebook.com.

InfiniteFacepalm.gif

It's called progress. Why change anything "that works"? Windows XP "works". A 97 Ford Taurus "works". A Sony Walkman playing cassette tapes "works". A VHS video recorder "works". Yet all of these things have been replaced by newer, faster, and better designed products. It's typical that some people are afraid of change. Change is bad. Change takes people out of their comfort zone. But eventually they come around and embrace the change, even if it means all their friends and family have to be the ones that take the first step to show them that the change is safe.

windows 8 is a fucking bad product.

I am running it for 2 hours already and it sucks donkey balls. No audio drivers for my mother board and ethernet disconnecting all the time, while I had no such issue before.

SUCKS DONKEY BALLS.

but what did I expect? Microsoft to do their job well for once? I was so follish to believe that...

God what a retarded fucknut that faggot is.
"Go to Facebook" -> goes to Google and enters facebook.com.

This is how a lot of people browse the web. I've seen both of my parents do it. Neither of them are tech savy, they learnt this behaviour because it works.

The way some people are talking in this thread makes me think they don't understand what usability is.

Remember these "retarded windows users" are the people buying your shit.

The way some people are talking in this thread makes me think they don't understand what usability is.

Of course they don't. Without going all Mac vs PC, most PC users like to say how OSX is for retards - I assume because it's so simple (and it works). Take away all those added clicks, menus and pointless complexity from Windows and suddenly it's rubbish.

After all, everyone wants shit to get harder, less intuitive and more complicated, isn't that goal all Windows users want out of their computing experience? :thumbsup:

I guess none of you guys were around when WIN95 came out with the fancy new "Start Button". Had youtube been around then, I am certain you could go find the same kind of videos as the ones in this thread.

I guess none of you guys were around when WIN95 came out with the fancy new "Start Button". Had youtube been around then, I am certain you could go find the same kind of videos as the ones in this thread.

Right, because in 95 you could just go to youtube to find a video on the internet.

windows 8 is a fucking bad product.

blah blah

but what did I expect? Microsoft to do their job well for once? I was so follish to believe that...

You mean your motherboard manufacturer to do their job? It's not up to Microsoft to make sure every hardware manufacturer has up to date drivers for the millions of different PC components that have been released in the last 20 years. Did you run the updater app? It should have told you if there were incompatibilities. Try installing the Win7 audio and LAN drivers for your mobo. They will probably work just fine. If there aren't any Win 7 drivers for your mobo then it is probably ancient and isn't upgradeable.