Windows 7 is so blurry

MyOwnDemon

Face Rocker
Jan 28, 2007
Iowa
www.sitestomp.com
I just got a new PC today running windows 7 home premium and a 24" inch flat screen ST2420L.

The fonts and typeface are so blurry and practically unreadable. Colors are not crisp and clear. They just seem dull and boring. It's making my eyes hurt and giving me a headache.

Anyone know to change this shit? I've been messing with the custom video card and monitor settings all night and nothing is helping. All drivers are up to date. I've googled and all it says is turn off Cleartype which doesn't do shit except make the text worse.

I'm just about to go back to my old PC or maybe install XP on this one.

Hi MyOwnDemon,
The Dell ST2420L LED montor should work fine out of the box and shouldn't be blurry even before installing video drivers.
First thing I would try is changing the montor on your windows 7 box with your old own and even try your dell monitor on your old PC.

Reactions: cardine
Cleartype is already turned on, as is smooth edges. Still looks like shit. Text is all blurry. Drivers all up to date. I even edited the registry to change the default font. I might just go back to XP.

This never would have happened with a mac

:party-smiley-004:

This never would have happened with a mac

:party-smiley-004:

b4hPv.gif

You probably have your resolution set incorrectly. Using a non-native resolution makes things look like shit. Check the monitor's native resolution then make sure that your display resolution is set to match.

Did you try connecting another computer monitor? Make sure it is not the monitor that is the problem. If it is still blurry,you settings are screwed up on the operating system.

Also, try your new monitor on another operating system and another computer. This way you can determine if it is truly a monitor problem, an operating system, or some connectivity problem.

This foolishness would never happen on a mac, Apple adjusts and detects every monitor know to man.

It is set correctly.

Either you have a faulty monitor (possibly) or you're NOT running it in its native resolution even though you think you are (most likely). There's nothing wrong with how things look in Windows 7. Cleartype should be on by default in Win7 and if it were off it wouldn't make a difference the rest of the interface.

As others have said already:
Test the monitor on another machine
Check your resolution settings, should be 1920x1080
Take the monitor back for replacement

Quit moaning.

Did you connect it with a VGA cable instead of a DVI cable? That can also make a LCD look blurry. I think Dell still ships some LCDs with just a VGA cable.