Wickedfire Travel Thread

chief

Jun 11, 2010
West Coast
I was searching around here on WF and couldn't find a decent travel thread. I know quite a few affiliates who constantly travel and use AM to fund their adventures. Feel free to post your thoughts/photos/comments in this thread.

My goal next year is to travel, full time. Where to go... what to do... post it all, here.

Thinking of doing the same? Check out this list. I think I'll start making my way down this list starting next year: Without borders... The 100 most beautiful places in the world

Yo evo are you moving permanently ?

PICS!!! I would love to visit Brazil as well.

lol @ ^^^^^^

I've traveled quite a bit -- been practically everywhere in the Caribbean, Mexico, and last year France, Spain, and Italy.

I'd 100% recommend spending time in Europe if you're able to. I'd like to be able to spend a month or 2 in Europe sometime soon, though I'm not particularly looking to live there or anything.

I've never been outside the country but I've been to almost every state out west. The Great Canyon is awesome and I loved yellow stone.

Moving to Ko Tao in Thailand in a few days. Perfect beach and daily scuba trips.

Thailand is wicked, especially if you befriend some locals. Ko Tao is one of the best spots to meet backpackers and the parties there are epic. Spent over a year on and around the island 8 years ago!

I'm off to Australia at the end of the year and will definitely hitting Thailand shortly after that. I'm not sure I'll ever return to North America other than to visit.

Any of you guys out there ever seen the show departures? Very inspirational for would-be travelers.

Thailand is wicked, especially if you befriend some locals. Ko Tao is one of the best spots to meet backpackers and the parties there are epic. Spent over a year on and around the island 8 years ago!

I'm off to Australia at the end of the year and will definitely hitting Thailand shortly after that. I'm not sure I'll ever return to North America other than to visit.

Any of you guys out there ever seen the show departures? Very inspirational for would-be travelers.

do you know of a place online to watch departures for non-canadians?

Pictures begin now. Yal should check out greece, especially meteora and the beaches.

Monastery%20of%20Agia%20Triada,%20Meteora,%20Greece.jpg

Random beach:
greece-beach-2.jpg

Yo make sure you get the Non Immigrant "O" visa before you arrive, save you alot of hassle.

M

Several types of non-imm "O":
Retirement - over 55 and 800,000 baht in a Thai bank
Marriage - married to a Thai citizen and 400,000 baht in a Thai bank
ED - enrolled in a school with docs proving it

A tourist can't get that kind of visa. The best a tourist can do is get a 60 day visa before entering the country and then extend it once for another 30 days. Makes long stays a pain in the ass.

I'm planning on traveling around Europe once Summer ends, I've been telling most of my friends and family that I'll be gone for 1 or 2 months but hopefully I really enjoy it and make the little excursion last much longer.

There was a thread on the subject a while back, it's actually what motivated me to do this.

Several types of non-imm "O":
Retirement - over 55 and 800,000 baht in a Thai bank
Marriage - married to a Thai citizen and 400,000 baht in a Thai bank
ED - enrolled in a school with docs proving it

A tourist can't get that kind of visa. The best a tourist can do is get a 60 day visa before entering the country and then extend it once for another 30 days. Makes long stays a pain in the ass.

Here are the different Non Immigrant "o" visa you can apply as a foreigner

a) to visit Thai spouse/family
b) to visit non Thai family living in Thailand
c) to reside in Thailand if in possession of as residency permit
d) to participate as an unpaid volunteer worker in Thailand
e) to visit as a UK pensioner

Visas & Downloads :: The Royal Thai Consulate

M

Moving to Ko Tao in Thailand in a few days. Perfect beach and daily scuba trips.

Koh Tao is nice. Haven't been there since the early 90s so don't know how much it has changed - probably a lot more developed. Sounds like the visa situation is a bit different, used to get a 3 month visa, cross the Malaysian border before it expired then head back in...

Have fun.

I'm in the same situation OP, however I don't think I'll be able to regularly bank enough online to survive.

Does anyone have experience of going travelling with little cash? I know people do it, just not how. The only logical way I can think of is taking shitty jobs everywhere you go but it seems impossible.

What sort of places to stay at? How to manage to get work? What sort of work? etc