Why is it so hard to get a credit card approved?

Stuff may be different where you live, but you can:
a: apply for a student credit card
b: deposit a large amount of cash in the bank, then apply for the cc. That usually works.

Things sure have changed since I was 18 (circa 2000). I couldn't sneeze without being approved for a new credit card.

As far as the cell phone plan, that's a buttload of crap. As someone else stated, cell phone companies do not report to the major bureaus (unless you negelct to pay your bill for months). Positive activity is not reported. Same goes for all utilities here in the US.

Good luck, bro. And remember:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL3KuaFvOSc&feature=related"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Ok so if AdWords is billing you every 3 days, but your affiliate network is paying you every 7, and you are dealing with very large amounts of money, are you going to pay AdWords with a debit card? Why would you when you can have much easier cash flow with a credit card AND get 1-2% rewards on the dollar?

Ok so if AdWords is billing you every 3 days, but your affiliate network is paying you every 7, and you are dealing with very large amounts of money, are you going to pay AdWords with a debit card? Why would you when you can have much easier cash flow with a credit card AND get 1-2% rewards on the dollar?

Build up a bankroll and play with money you already have in the bank.

You can use a credit card without overdrawing your account. Most people here do just that because there is no reason not to. Put everything on the credit card, pay it off from your debit card immediately, then collect a few thousand in rewards at the end of the year. Why is that stupid?

You can use a credit card without overdrawing your account. Most people here do just that because there is no reason not to. Put everything on the credit card, pay it off from your debit card immediately, then collect a few thousand in rewards at the end of the year. Why is that stupid?

I have a debit card that gives me the same amount of rewards that most credit cards offer. I get the same amount of rewards without having to deal with credit card companies. I don't over draft my bank account, because I manage my money properly.

That aside I really don't like the credit industry and think it's a load of crap. Anytime someone mentions credit I'll always advocate staying away from it.