Why did you get into affiliate marketing in the first place?

Flashfire

Jul 25, 2009
I wanted to start a thread about what drives one to enter the affiliate marketing universe. It is a very unique business niche; meaning it is not taught in any classroom and many of the trade secrets are closely held to the chest.

I studied Economics and Statistics in business college. I was a programmer at a young age writing code for the early aol "tools" in the mid 90's at the age of 11 with VB C++. Thus, it seems that affiliate marketing provided a daily challenge and a lucrative career path with the freedom to work where I wanted and when I wanted. I should probably get an M.S. in computer science for my graduate studies for the hell of it.

I got started in my dorm room 3 years ago and wasn't making shit at first. I was promoting dating sites with reviews and driving traffic any way I could with minimal capital. I started reading Wicked Fire and determining what did and didn't work through months and years of trial and error. I did learn alot, however and never gave up.

Affiliate marketing is not for pussies.

I started making some money when I discovered CPA and how to promote effectively. I'm now on the verge of graduation and have no need to find a 9-5... :playboy_sml:

Because, Im a fat slob and nobody will hire me due to the fact that I smell like cabbage and like to rub up against people in the lunch rooms.
Oh, and because Im addicted to jackin my meat all day and corporate america frowns on masturabating at your desk.

affiliate marketing FTW.

I actually am pretty much unemployable, despite a solid work history and superior intelligence. So I realized if I wanted to eat I had to make my own money. One thing led into another and then. I wouldn't really say I am strictly an "affiiliate marketer", though. I do a lot of things differently than most people here.

In the real world, I can't just hold my dick in my hand like I do at home. And even more importantly, I HATE alarm clocks and love new media.

I never worked for others and always have been an entrepreneur. Did offline business at first and just started internet marketing 4 months ago, got burnt by "guru"s shit that doesn't work and luckily stumbled upon CPA and found wickedfire. Now I am ready to get money get paid!

Started doing SEO for companies and then was approached to do some white label private affiliate program and was making money in 1 week with my test site and my cheesy SEO skillz.

Started a website, which didn't work out too well (made some profit so it's all good), then tried lots of shit I didn't really like but when I found CPA, I knew I was home. I love stats and tracking and that's what it's all about.

I was totally amazed that you could sit at a computer and have money deposited into you account based on shit you did on the computer.

Coz i wanted to make monies online, so I went to google and typed in "make monies online" & now i make monies online.

Because it was so easy!!! All I did was post links on Google all day and I had my first check for 25K 6 days later!!

Thank you Google Money Kit! Now, Imagine what I can do with Twitter!