Who Reads Books In PDF form on their computer?

Do you read books in pdf?

• Yes. I prefer pdfs

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • No I like books

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • I mix it up with both.

Votes: 29 49.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aim high

Jun 3, 2008
I was wondering how many people just download books and read them on their computer in a pdf.

Computer books I download for quick glancing and might put them on the asus eee pc to read at home, like a few iphone development and objective c books i downloaded.

Other books I just buy off Amazon, I spend enough time looking at a pc screen as is and you always need something decent when you're taking a shit.

Yah i tend to just glance through the pdf, but never read the whole thing on computer screen....strains the eye too much. As Barman said, i print and staple. Also if it passes test, i'll download the audio version then switch on over to ipod... 1st choice is book format though, although i tend to buy the highyl recommended ones to keep around as a quick reference and build my library...which makes me look smart when guests come over.

Lately, I've been reading them online. When I can, I switch to a dark background and usually a Courier font.

waste of paper printing. and most stuff is crap if you're talking ebooks, no way are they worth their weight in paper!

I like to read pdf's.. I put the laptop besides my bed at head height, flip the monitor vertically and scroll the pages with the mouse wheel, allowing me to read with the least effort possible.

Top view on the left, what it looks like on the right.
bedreading.jpg

hm. i never thought of that. do you have a office printer or is it just a small home printer?

office printer. then i have this binder that like cuts out a bunch of rectangular holes and i bind em together. it's kind of a pain in the ass but better than trying to read a massive book on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.