Who are these guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenglider

Yabba Dabba Do!
Oct 20, 2006
www.zenglider.com
I didn't quite know where to put this, so I figured that it would be ok here since its talking about someone trying to do something of an affiliate program. I jst received this on my gmail account and was wondering if any of you got hit with this as well.

Good Day,

I represent the Business Development team at Thagodz.com

We are very interested in providing your website with our established
XML search feeds, contextual ads, even inline ads. Our feed mixes top results
from the leading PPC Advertisers and Partners on the Internet.

Our bid prices range from $0.01 to as high as $5.00 per click which
compete well with our competitors such as Allfeeds, Searchfeed, Revenuepilot,
etc. We are very confident that integrating our XML feed into your site will
increase your exisiting search revenue.

You can view our keyword results and sign up by visiting
web hosting - Thagodz Search

When you are ready to give Thagodz a try, please click on the link
below to signup Thagodz.com | PPC Search Engine Affiliate Program

If you have any questions or need more information, I am available at
msn - bigares@hotmail.com or by email at webmaster@thagodz.com. I would be
pleased to
provide you with more information on our partnership program.

Thank you for your time, I look forward to working with you and your
company

Below you will find answers to common questions and some background
information

Monterius Anderson
Business Development Executive
MM Inc - Thagodz Incorporate
Columbia,SC
USA

PAYMENT TERMS:
<!-- D(["mb","--------------\u003cbr /\>Payments are made bi-weekly , weekly , and daily.\u003cbr /\>We can send your payment via Paypal, Check, or Wire Transfer.\u003cbr /\>You earn 70% of the bid price.\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>ACCEPTED COUNTRIES:\u003cbr /\>-------------------\u003cbr /\>Affiliates from all countries are welcome to join our program.\u003cbr /\>We accept traffic from All english speaking countries including\u003cbr /\>USA, Canada, Europe, and Australia\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>GEO-TARGETING:\u003cbr /\>--------------\u003cbr /\>Our core search engine technology will automatically display the best\u003cbr /\>paying PPC ads based on the searcher\'s country.  This feature will\u003cbr /\>maximize your earnings while providing your users with the best targeted\u003cbr /\>content\u003cbr /\>online.\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>\u003c/div\>",0] ); D(["ce"]); //-->--------------
Payments are made bi-weekly , weekly , and daily.
We can send your payment via Paypal, Check, or Wire Transfer.
You earn 70% of the bid price.

ACCEPTED COUNTRIES:
-------------------
Affiliates from all countries are welcome to join our program.
We accept traffic from All english speaking countries including
USA, Canada, Europe, and Australia

GEO-TARGETING:
--------------
Our core search engine technology will automatically display the best
paying PPC ads based on the searcher's country. This feature will
maximize your earnings while providing your users with the best targeted
content
online.
This doesn't quite pass the small test. So what do you think?

Zen

Yeah, I've got the same email too. Would be interested to hear any opinions about it. Maybe all WF member got one of these mails?

LOL, there are SO many BETTER ways to monetize english speaking traffic. And at least 4 better XML feed PPCs (peakclick, overture, exoclick, klikvip) i'd use before them.

Yup, also got the email.
Everything about it sounds spammy.

Either someone is scraping the emails or Jon is selling them! ;)

Yes i got that too this morning. they obviously got our email addresses from this board, or some other board, or somewhere, SPAM

I reported them to isedn.org. I'm also sending that message to some pals of mine to have some fun with them for spamming.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. The absolute best way to piss off webmasters/affiliates is to spam them via email when they KNOW they never signed up for any of your shit. What a bunch of idiots.

They didn't get it from this board, Im willing to bet everyone of you who posted this message is or has been a member of digitalpoint.

Sometime ago I got an email from someone who had scraped the userbase at DP and was offering to sell it, he sent that message to every member at DP.

I got it too but thot i signed up with them n shit..anyways its good our admin got to work i like his "alt" way of dealing with spammers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.