Where to see USA?

-God-

He is Planet
Jun 22, 2009
Evening my lovely marketing foes, yesterday a friend and myself decided (while drunk) we're going to burn a month and drive from NYC to Los Angles.

He has a good friend in L.A. so we have to end there and I dream of rude birds in NYC so need to spread some seed there. Ignoring my digression, where shall I go?

A mate says I should travel from Miami (where I have a school mate) across to San Deigo and then go up to L.A.

I have no idea where to go, which is why I'm posting. My only real desire is to spend some time drinking in NYC because I hear the birds are kinda game (and rude, which is nice - if you're English) and to be honest, I enjoy going out on the pull. :)

So my yanky friends, where shall I go, what shall I do? Think less than a month and shit loads of fun. (The more game birds of 25+ yrs old the merrier.):D

25+ year olds? you like the older types?

Either way, it sounds like a ton of fun. If you can afford it, get an RV.

Wall Drug

Wall_Drug.JPG

Carhenge

carhenge.jpg

Corn Palace

CornPalace.jpg

Mamoth Caves in Kentucky (largest cave system in the world)
Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico
The Grand Canyon (I think you can find it LOL)
Vegas
Ruby Falls in Tennessee

Those are just a few natural wonders to see (except Vegas)

If you drive through Nebraska, go at night. Just one long corn field.

You are going to get a good sense of how large this country really is. Have a great time.

Reactions: pfgannon
New Orleans

Anyone looking to see America would be remiss by not coming to check out New Orleans. This was America's first port of entry for all immigrants so it is a real melting pot. Plus its Boobies and Booze 365 days a year. No other city can top that.

And I can assure you, if you like rude bitches around the age of 25... PM me and I can give you a list of bars to hop that will satisfy you in that regard.

Anyone looking to see America would be remiss by not coming to check out New Orleans. This was America's first port of entry for all immigrants so it is a real melting pot. Plus its Boobies and Booze 365 days a year. No other city can top that.

And I can assure you, if you like rude bitches around the age of 25... PM me and I can give you a list of bars to hop that will satisfy you in that regard.
List those bars here. I second the NOLA.

My favorites:

Mollys at the Market Molly's at the Market
Oz on Bourbon St. (Lol jk dont go there unless you're a tranny or gay)
Bank Street Bar (dive bar)
Finn McCools
The Saint (cool dive bar) The Saint Bar & Lounge 961 St. Mary, New Orleans 70130
Pravada (awesome Russian goth bar)
Pirate's Alley Bar (Pretty sure its one of the few bars in the US thats literally 10 feet away from a Church) PIRATES ALLEY CAFE' and Absinthe House
Tipitina's
One Eye'd Jacks (good venue for punk/metal shows)
Pat O'Brien's
The Bulldog on Frenchmen St. (50+ different beers on tab)
Parasols RIP now called Tracey's Traceys | Original Irish Channel Bar on Magazine and Third
Yuki (awesome Japanese bar)
The Avenue Pub
The Dungeon (wild goth/fetish bar. Doesnt even open until 11pm-12am. Many nights I have left here just trying to fathom what I witnessed that night. Ive seen a woman get 100% naked and give a guy a BJ and no one cared, seen a guy pull out a knife and get beat down, and tons of other crazy shit go down) Ye Olde Original Dungeon French Quarter New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Nightlife

Yuma hit em up with any awesome ones im missing ;D

Come to the South and visit me. I'll show you BBQ, real booze, southern college girls, a giant ass flea market, and other things of the south. If you come in the fall, College Football. And everything is super cheap. Make it a true hick experience with moonshine, natural light, a bonfire, and cousin fuckin' (wait what?)

My favorites:

Mollys at the Market Molly's at the Market
Oz on Bourbon St. (Lol jk dont go there unless you're a tranny or gay)
Bank Street Bar (dive bar)
Finn McCools
The Saint (cool dive bar) The Saint Bar & Lounge 961 St. Mary, New Orleans 70130
Pravada (awesome Russian goth bar)
Pirate's Alley Bar (Pretty sure its one of the few bars in the US thats literally 10 feet away from a Church) PIRATES ALLEY CAFE' and Absinthe House
Tipitina's
One Eye'd Jacks (good venue for punk/metal shows)
Pat O'Brien's
The Bulldog on Frenchmen St. (50+ different beers on tab)
Parasols RIP now called Tracey's Traceys | Original Irish Channel Bar on Magazine and Third
Yuki (awesome Japanese bar)
The Avenue Pub
The Dungeon (wild goth/fetish bar. Doesnt even open until 11pm-12am. Many nights I have left here just trying to fathom what I witnessed that night. Ive seen a woman get 100% naked and give a guy a BJ and no one cared, seen a guy pull out a knife and get beat down, and tons of other crazy shit go down) Ye Olde Original Dungeon French Quarter New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Nightlife

Yuma hit em up with any awesome ones im missing ;D

Nice List. Last time I was at the dungeon we got in trouble for banging our beers on the bar singing,
"FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!", a la

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkuOAY-S6OY"]YouTube - ‪RATM -Killing in the name - official video‬‏[/ame]

Meh. Oh, and a Nam veteran security guard wanted to cut my friend up real nice. Always a good time.

I totally missed you posting about pirates alley, nothing like getting a good head full of absinthe and seeing a nice big statue of Jesus with a huge tree canopy to filter the sun.

Wtf is Wall drug? (He say's typing it in to Google...)

@taktikz, yeah, I'm 33 soon. 25 is about the floor of my age range! :)

Cheers all, got some great suggestions. Truth be told I forgot I even posted last night! I've been told by a few people I should avoid going straight through the middle as most the shit is down south.

When I have everything planned (if it ends up happening as well) I'll be sure to let you introduce me to some southern hospitality papajohn. :D We're aiming for sometime in August right through to early October.

If you're going in August it's going to be miserably hot in the south. The entire mid section of the country from Denver on the west to around Chicago is pretty boring, well, except the corn palace. Do this, Fly into NY and drive down to Tampa or Miami. Go from NY, down to DC, over to Antietam Battlefield, take the blue ridge parkway down to the Smoky Mountain National Park (skip Ruby Falls). Raft the Gaulley river in West Virginia, or the New. Go to America's castle the Biltmore House in Ashville North Carolina, then down to Charleston South Carolina and on to Florida, go through St. Augustine (oldest city in US). Then fly to Denver, drive through the mountains, raft the Colorado or Arkansas. Head up to Rapid city, see Mt. Rushmore and Devils Tower (climb it if you have skills), Yellowstone, Tetons, down through Utah, Vegas, Yosemite and Sequoia, up to Frisco and then LA. The last places you would want to see are Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, parts of Texas and Colorado East of Denver. It's hundreds of miles of nothing.

Bold Money is stoned, that stuff is barely worthy of a quick drive by.

If you're going in August it's going to be miserably hot in the south. The entire mid section of the country from Denver on the west to around Chicago is pretty boring, well, except the corn palace. Do this, Fly into NY and drive down to Tampa or Miami. Go from NY, down to DC, over to Antietam Battlefield, take the blue ridge parkway down to the Smoky Mountain National Park (skip Ruby Falls). Raft the Gaulley river in West Virginia, or the New. Go to America's castle the Biltmore House in Ashville North Carolina, then down to Charleston South Carolina and on to Florida, go through St. Augustine (oldest city in US). Then fly to Denver, drive through the mountains, raft the Colorado or Arkansas. Head up to Rapid city, see Mt. Rushmore and Devils Tower (climb it if you have skills), Yellowstone, Tetons, down through Utah, Vegas, Yosemite and Sequoia, up to Frisco and then LA. The last places you would want to see are Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, parts of Texas and Colorado East of Denver. It's hundreds of miles of nothing.

Bold Money is stoned, that stuff is barely worthy of a quick drive by.
Wow, thanks for practically planning my East coast roadtrip. Almost everything you mentioned from NY to SC was on my list (then on to Austin), but I had no idea what order I was going to hit everything in.

^This makes a lot of sense. +rep (edit: eh, gotta spread the love around apparently)

And thanks to tnphoneman for the name of the caves in Kentucky, been look for those bitches.

Mammoth is quite it ways East of this route. I've been there a couple of times and iIt's not terribly exciting unless you take one of the longer wild trips. The short touristy cave tours aren't that exciting and I certainly wouldn't go for that unless I was in the area. An extra day in the GSMNP checking out some waterfalls would be better if you're going through that area. I haven't been to any around GSMNP, but there are some listed on google maps. Go for a wild tour wherever you go if you can and if you aren't claustrophobic.

If you do go there the Corvette factory and museum are right there in Bowling Green if you're into that stuff.

You can find pretty much every last interesting thing on this continent reviewed for you here:

Roadside America - Guide to Uniquely Odd Tourist Attractions

-It's a huge site reviewed by lots of big publications, and very well updated.

One word of warning though; there are a lot of crappy shitholes in America like the "Biggest ball of Twine" in each state... Or the biggest waffle or any city with a Ripley's Believe it or Not... Just look for the best reviews in areas you want to see and you can have a great visit.

Also, I'm surprised no one's mentioned this.

Reactions: -God-