What tools do you use for automation?

What about just using WAMP? although I must say I had a botched install of WAMP once, everything was fubar after that

I meant getting Ruby to use it, sorry was wasted out of my mind at the time. Keep getting this error:

C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/mysql-2.8.1-x86-mingw32/lib/mysql.rb:7:in `require': 126: The specified module could not be found. - C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/mysql-2.8.1-x86-mingw32/lib/1.9/mysql_api.so (LoadError)

Found what are to be work arounds, but nothing seems to work.

I meant getting Ruby to use it, sorry was wasted out of my mind at the time. Keep getting this error:

C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/mysql-2.8.1-x86-mingw32/lib/mysql.rb:7:in `require': 126: The specified module could not be found. - C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/mysql-2.8.1-x86-mingw32/lib/1.9/mysql_api.so (LoadError)

Found what are to be work arounds, but nothing seems to work.

Ahh, I see you're running 1.9.1...I'm still in 1.8.7 land, just to save from gem headaches. Might be worth trying to downgrade unless you specifically need something from 1.9...

Ahh, I see you're running 1.9.1...I'm still in 1.8.7 land, just to save from gem headaches. Might be worth trying to downgrade unless you specifically need something from 1.9...

I've been debating that, I just didn't know if I was missing out on anything by going to 1.8.7. I'll give that a try.

Haha, the fucking problem? Some how I was suppose to magically know that my ruby/bin directory needed the LIBMYSQL.dll from my mysql/bin directory. How fucked up random is that? Oh god, I think I'm going to have to hurt something now.

I'm using a Mac, so I believe I'm a bit more limited in my options. I haven't checked out UBot yet, but is it Windows-only? All this Ruby/Python/MySql stuff seems a bit too much for what I need to do right now.

I've got iMacros running as an add-on in Firefox but have yet to make it work for me. Tried just tweaking the macros that came with it to make a simple email login, but no dice (was trying to pull my different email addresses and passwords from an excel/csv file).

Can anyone point me to a retard-friendly tutorial?

Also, I expected someone to have automated posting boobies by now.

python and imacros. Used to write bots in php but have almost completely changed over to python.

I write imacro templates in python with tokens that get replaced with whatever I want posted.

uBot (of course!), PHP/Curl.
For Office automation, .net comes in handy at times, but I haven't had to do that for a long time.
Also going back into Java for some advanced tools.

::emp::

Scraping and Linkbuilding:
uBot
SENuke
LFE
SERPAssist (still in beta, but shows a lot of promise)

Wordpress plugins (I think these can be considered automation since I am automating my content):
phpBay
a2p
some other random autoblog plugins like wp-o-matic

Programming:
Just starting to dabble in Python. By just starting, I really mean just starting. I wrote like 5 lines of code to open a text file and display its contents. However, I'm on the right track for what i want to do with it and really want to learn more. I wish I could learn it in classroom setting though. I don't retain the information as well by trying to learn through documentation, tutorials and books. O well, still fun.

I'm actually a fan of WebDOM. It's pretty simple to create scripts for and is powerful enough to pretty much automate anything you could ever want to do. I'm pretty surprised that nobody has mentioned it so far.

Other than that I do a little bit of php and vb.

I've programmed in C, C++, Java and Perl for my dayjob. For IM, I've used PHP a bit and now moved onto Ruby based on suggestions on WF. I love using Watir, it's very easy for me. My needs right now are probably pretty limited and I haven't bumped into any issues with Ruby/Watir - eventually I suspect I'll want to use Python as it is more my speed (Perl is probably my natural language of choice).

I really like the power of automation. I tried uBot and it didn't solve my initial problem so I got a refund. I'm glad I saved my money, because I can do most anything automagically on my own.

im using ubot right now and its cool for simple stuff...but if u have the desire for multithreading and insane speeds that web browser will fuck u up...i've made some really complex bots with it (fb account creators, yt video uploaders, friends adders & scrapers) but if u decide to sell these tools u will be in for a world of hurt due to the constant errors from using the web browser...im dipping my toes in python now...i really havent read much about bots being created with it but the few examples i've seen were cool.

iMacros for browsing automation;
PHP/Python for gathering and sorting data;
Java for my automation bots that cannot be done with other tools;