What makes you buy a SEO Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julez

Jun 24, 2006
Do you ever get sucked into the long sales letter and buy seo/marketing tools - what makes you buy that all singing dancing get rich quick product?
I nearly aways buy products on recomendation by forum members I admire and trust in seo marketing forums

I usually avoid those cookie cutter ebook websites like the plague. If I see someone reputable recommend one, I will usually google it to try and find more recommendations and then make a buying decision from there.

Nothing. Any SEO "tools" that I've paid for have been a joke. There are pleanty of useful keyword tools out there to not have to pay for them. seomoz.org has a great in-depth competetive research tool. webuildpages has a good tool as well. Reall the free stuff is all you need. Only thing to maybe spend money on would be tracking software.

Haven't paid for one yet, probably won't. Most of them make tons of promises which is kind of a dead give away. I'd consider trying one that had a better description of what SEO actually entails as opposed to "You will rank number in 2 weeks!"

I bought SEO Elite and was pretty happy with it. Most of what it does can be done for free, but would take a damn long time.

It's good to find link partners, spy on your competition and give yourself a blueprint of what you need to do to get to the top of the rankings for a specific keyword.

I would buy it again if I had to.

I think I agree on SEO Elite. Great set of tools, and you can export the results which makes it even more useful to me. I like waking up every morning and doing a vanity check on my Blog and my Name to see how I am doing.

The unfair advantage from searchenginehelp.com is pretty good. I learned quite a bit from it. It has monthly updates as well.

The bottom line is that yes, you can find all of this info on forums, etc., if you want to spend enough time....or you can just by something like this that is all put together for you and allows you to spend your time learning and not searching through the thousands of posts (not all good or correct) out there.

My 2 cents.

kyleirwin said:
Only investment I've spend $ on that I felt was worth while was Aaron Wall's SEO Book.

http://www.seobook.com/

is it upto date ?

I have a few seo books with some what out dated SEO tacktics that dont work anymore and didnt at the time i got the book:mad:

Julez said:
Do you ever get sucked into the long sales letter and buy seo/marketing tools - what makes you buy that all singing dancing get rich quick product?
I nearly aways buy products on recomendation by forum members I admire and trust in seo marketing forums

The desire to get rich quick, of course. I like your "all singing dancing" quote from fight club.

I will confess to purchasing one or two of the products offered by the so-called "gurus". It was the promise of making money easily that got me. I have since learned that they are about as reputable as snake oil salesmen, so I guess if it took getting suckered on a couple products to learn that, then it was worth the money.

Julez said:

Exactly, a recomendation from a person I actually trust is only what would make me buy one of these products. Not MR. John X who thought it was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.