What is the length of an Amazon cookie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WallaceCleaver

Jun 26, 2006
My computer chair
I have a site that has sent just over 1,000 people to Amazon with not one sale. Does that seem odd? How long does the Amazon cookie last? Is there a chance that those people will go back to Amazon with my cookie in place, make a purchase, and I will make some money?

Yes, there's a chance. I herd it was somethink like 48hrs or something rediculous. can't be sure, but i think that's what i herd.

I'm just asking b/c that could help explain why you're not converting.

If it's a fan site or something like that. That's why.

You cannot convert sites where people aren't looking to buy. If you really have had 1000 clicks with not 1 conversion, you don't have "buying" traffic visiting your site. That's 1000 clicks that could have been revenue.

Amazon only has a 24hr cookie.

chris22 said:
I'm just asking b/c that could help explain why you're not converting.

If it's a fan site or something like that. That's why.

You cannot convert sites where people aren't looking to buy. If you really have had 1000 clicks with not 1 conversion, you don't have "buying" traffic visiting your site. That's 1000 clicks that could have been revenue.

Amazon only has a 24hr cookie.
Ok, fair enough, but if they aren't "buying" traffic, then why do they persist on clicking on the links? Are they just being click teases?

lol, click teases.

Curiosity. They're just "browsers" or "window shoppers."

To those of you that are amazon affiliates, how many of your visitors click through, close the window, but come back within the 24 hr window?

I hate how often this happens to me! The great frustration of the affiliate marketer.

Zygoot said:
The Amazon cookie only lasts 24 hours.
Whatta...I really have no clue how this little piece of info managed to evade me for so long...I even googled it immediately to check it for myself, and it seems to be true!

And all the while I was wondering why Amazon converted so lousily...I'll seriously reconsider my affiliation with them...

I wonder what I could replace the Amazon links with since the cookie lasts for such a short amount of time. Perhaps Barnes and Noble would be better. I'll have to try to find out how long their cookie lasts or maybe I'll go with ebay. I have had some small success with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.