What Browser do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefox 3.5 beta 4 is my main browser of choice right now.

It's surprisingly stable and seems to be faster than previous versions, as touted.

I use the "Walnut2" theme since it is very readable and matches the WF theme here quite well.

I have a few toys installed. (This beta version seems to be using less memory.)

Short list of extensions: Adblock Plus, BetterPrivacy, NoScript (Disabled for here though.), SkipScreen, Flagfox, FireShot, Cooliris, DownloadThemAll, Toolbar Buttons, Veoh Web Player Video Finder, WOT, DownloadHelper, & Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant.

I started out with Netscape eons ago. Then I caved in and started using IE for several years.

I do have Opera and Chrome on my system for a change of view from time to time.

I have IE as my default just so that I don't have to hassle with MS for my Vista and Win7 updates. I've had some issues with validation using other browsers for some downloads from their sites.

Sincerely,

MT

The last 500 visitors to zensix.com:

• 368 73.60% Firefox 3.0
  • 32 6.40% IE 8.0
  • 24 4.80% IE 6.0
  • 13 2.60% Safari 3.2
  • 11 2.20% IE 7.0
  • 10 2.00% Chrome 1.0
  • 9 1.80% Safari 4.0
  • 7 1.40% Chrome 3.0
  • 7 1.40% Flock 2.0
  • 6 1.20% Chrome 2.0
  • 4 0.80% Opera 9.6
  • 3 0.60% Opera 9.5
  • 2 0.40% Firefox 2.0
  • 2 0.40% iTouch 0
  • 1 0.20% Safari 3.1
  • 1 0.20% Nokia 0

I can't claim the ipod touch visit (though I have browsed on mine, just not to your site), but I'm willing to bet 90% of the hits from Safari 4 came from me.

I used to love Firefox3 as my primary browser, but it got so ungodly slow I couldn't take it any more, even after a reinstall and such. Also Safari 4 has some of the developer features that is somewhat like FireBug, so I'm content. Safari 4 is also rather fast on Ajax stuff, plus fully CSS3 compatible.

Firefox now. I was using IE 7 until last week, but it started dragging really badly and crashing a lot. No problems with Firefox. And if it does shut down (like when you add a new plugin) when it restarts you get all your tabs back. On IE they'd be gone.

FireFox.

Plugins:
Cooliris
Flashblock
Easy Youtube Video Downloader
MeasureIt - GREAT tool (allows you to measure pixels just by dragging)
SEO for FireFox
Xmarks - keeps all your bookmarks, favorites, etc, synced with any other computer you use. Fucking handy.
And a bunch of other random shit

I love FF because of the addons and because you can make it look pretty slick.

super-mario-bros-3-bowser-battle-screenshot-big.jpg

Wait what was the question?

Is anyone here using this, "SeoQuake SEO extension 2.5.6" in FF?

It looks interesting, but in the description it says this, "SeoQuake submits a query to search engine every time when it needs to obtain a value for a new parameter (that is not in a cache yet), defined by this search engine. Frequent use of big amount of the parameters may lead to the ban of user’s IP address from search engine. In this case, you will need to delete cookies or change proxy server."

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3036#reviews

Here is one of the reviews:

• Warning - can block you from Google

This plug-in while providing useful information - the use of it seams to be against Google's Term of Use. In short after only limited use, Google blocked everyone on my company network and now Google requires a Captcha-test before you are allowed to search. NOT recommended.
    1stars.png
    by Håkan Nilsson on May 5, 2009
WTF?!

Sincerely,

MT

Firefox -

addons I use -

web developer
domain details
FireFTP
download statusbar
SearchStatus
Cooliris
SEOFox from SEOBook.

There are also many useful addons like Firebug and form filling stuff. Easy blog comments plus a slew of other stuff at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

In my opinion Firefox is like Wordpress and that if you need something chances are good that someone has wrote an addon.

I'll add to your list:
-Rank Checker
-SEOpen
-ShowIp

Firefox the majority of the time, but if I want to cruise around fast and don't need the plugins I will often use Opera.

Opera 10 is looking good :
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkaZtpKRcZA"]YouTube - Opera 10 beta[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.