What Browser do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stussy5555

HNIC
Dec 12, 2007
IE, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, other?

I've been a long time IE user and I am sick of the god damn crashing, so I started using Chrome more over the past week, and really like how quickly it moves.

Your fav?

Chrome is awesome but I still use firefox due to all the add-ons

From CampaignSniper's stats

84.3% - Firefox
5.4% - Safari
2.5% - IE

That's a sample of ~900 visitors ... most of which are WF members.

Safari for me, right now Safari 4 beta. It's just so fast. It beats Firefox and Chrome in so many browser speed tests, especially javascript related ones.

For those of you who said Firefox due to the plug-ins, list your favorite plug-ins as well. Would be interested to see what is out there.

The last 500 visitors to zensix.com:

• 368 73.60% Firefox 3.0
  • 32 6.40% IE 8.0
  • 24 4.80% IE 6.0
  • 13 2.60% Safari 3.2
  • 11 2.20% IE 7.0
  • 10 2.00% Chrome 1.0
  • 9 1.80% Safari 4.0
  • 7 1.40% Chrome 3.0
  • 7 1.40% Flock 2.0
  • 6 1.20% Chrome 2.0
  • 4 0.80% Opera 9.6
  • 3 0.60% Opera 9.5
  • 2 0.40% Firefox 2.0
  • 2 0.40% iTouch 0
  • 1 0.20% Safari 3.1
  • 1 0.20% Nokia 0

Firefox -

addons I use -

web developer
domain details
FireFTP
download statusbar
SearchStatus
Cooliris
SEOFox from SEOBook.

There are also many useful addons like Firebug and form filling stuff. Easy blog comments plus a slew of other stuff at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

In my opinion Firefox is like Wordpress and that if you need something chances are good that someone has wrote an addon.

FF for me all the way. I get an occasional crash but otherwise it works perfectly.

I have IE6 and 7 installed on two different boxes for testing along with Safari and Opera. I really hate how Safari renders text. I need to download and install Chrome still.

Firefox -

addons I use -

web developer
domain details
FireFTP
download statusbar
SearchStatus
Cooliris
SEOFox from SEOBook.

There are also many useful addons like Firebug and form filling stuff. Easy blog comments plus a slew of other stuff at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

In my opinion Firefox is like Wordpress and that if you need something chances are good that someone has wrote an addon.

Web Developer is the shit.

I also use Foxy Proxy, Firebug, HTTP Fox & Screengrab. I used to use Fire FTP, but had some security issues that made me flip over to SFTP.

FoxTab is a cool little add on, if you normally have a bunch of tabs open and have issues quickly finding which one you're looking for.

The new Chrome 2.0 is so much faster and smarter in terms of memory management. I'm waiting on when they finally offer support for plugins-- At which point Firefox will be left in the dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.