What are you allergic to?

MyOwnDemon

Face Rocker
Jan 28, 2007
Iowa
www.sitestomp.com
What a fucking night.

The other day I noticed a small rash on my leg but didn't really think much of it. Then I woke up today with an itchy rash covering most of my body. I went straight to the ER in a panic. Doc said it looked like an allergic reaction to something, but he wasn't quite sure what it is. They gave me some really strong antihistamines and Rx pills and I have to go see a doctor next week to find out what caused this.

Basically, has anyone ever had this happen to them before? Ever ate something you were allergic to and had this happen to you? Maybe came into contact with something you were allergic to?

Just trying to get some ideas so I know what kind of poking and prodding to expect next week. Okay, back to itching the hell out of my skin. Arghh

(Also: In before STD jokes, gay jokes, etc etc.)

EDIT: Oh yeah, when I went to pick up my Rx at the pharmacy, the pharmacist told me like 20 people had been in today with the exact same symptoms and prescribed meds. Scary.

I'm allergic to you?

hehe, in all seriousness though, I "Think" I'm allergic to black walnuts and sunflower seeds, only because I end up feeling rather ill if I come in contact with either, such as burning sensation and such. But the fucked up part is I used to eat a shit load of sunflower seeds as a kid and only recently would cause a flare up.

EDIT: Oh yeah, when I went to pick up my Rx at the pharmacy, the pharmacist told me like 20 people had been in today with the exact same symptoms and prescribed meds. Scary.

Well antihistamines are pretty common to prescribe for allergies of most types, the only thing stronger would be an epipen for severe allergies (like dying within minutes of contact, ie: Anaphylaxis)

Where the hell are you located? (20 people at ONE pharmacy with the same thing in 24 hours?)

This way we will know where the Government (And what one.) is testing some new shit out on the general populace!!

P.S. Fortunately for me I've never had any type of allergic reaction to anything.........YET!! I have friends that have had reactions like yours though. General antihistamines and time usually cleared them up.

Also, allergy tests can be up to 60 injections that they watch over a period of time. (Little bubbles under the skin.) Most tests are like 10 or 20 though on the underside of the forearms. They should wait until this reaction is cleared up though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kh555NjxnU]YouTube - The Coasters - Poison Ivy (Doo Wop 50)[/ame]

Well antihistamines are pretty common to prescribe for allergies of most types, the only thing stronger would be an epipen for severe allergies (like dying within minutes of contact, ie: Anaphylaxis)

No, everyone had the same sudden body rash. That struck me as odd haha. Something in the water?

I'm in Ohio.

No, everyone had the same sudden body rash. That struck me as odd haha. Something in the water?

I'm in Ohio.

It figures that it's here in the good ol' US of A. It took the Gov't over 50 years to finally admit that they released some kind of Super Flu on the general population on purpose to test a new vaccine and the distribution system of the medical community in that area.

Also, I would venture a guess on something airborne over the water. Water stuff usually hits the intestinal tract. (Gov't release or factory crap with a heavy residue riding the wind.)

Possible temporary relief.

They say Calamine Lotion helps with the itching as far as a topical solution goes. (Should not interfere with antihistamine pills you are/maybe taking.)

I've found that itching caused by Poison Ivy & Poison Oak was relieved by rubbing vinegar and then baking soda on the area helped relive the itching quite a bit. Don't know if would help with yours, but its all natural and neutralizes acids.

An Epsom Salts soak in a tube of luke warm water seems to help with full body itching.

I just learned the other day I'm allergic to jalapeño and banana peppers, it puffs up my throat and I have a hard time swallowing for a day... Found out about it the other day when I thought I'd add a little spicy between my buns at subway. (sad thing is I actually liked them)

That's fucking sick what you got though, definitely not your fault if 20+ people came in the pharmacy with the exact same thing.

"Children, can you say 'Military Genocide Experiment Gone Awry?'... knew you could!"

mister-rogers.jpg

I'm in Ohio.
You may have a food allergy causing the outbreak, or some detergent you washed your clothes in, cologne you sprayed on yourself, etc. The heat and humidity seems to make this worse, because it seems like itchy rashes strike during the summer.

It could be an allergy similar to mine expressing yourself via your skin. I have lifelong allergies to grass, trees, mold, ragweed, dust, dust mites, cats, dogs. A few years back I was tormented with massive itchiness that took hold, leaving me with scabs and all night scratching agony. I had to receive a cortisone injection which finally stopped it. In fact, I'm coughing and sneezing this moment from allergies (antihistamine hasn't kicked in).

The skin test for allergies isn't too painful, but you may have to receive many, many shots. I remember at four years old looking at the dozens of testing shots lined up, and crying. The doctor said if I wouldn't stop crying she would spank me.

My mother had this problem, too. She was also allergic to raw carrots and celery, making her throat would swell up. Then one day it suddenly stopped.

Hmm..

I am allergic to a lot of things, but rashes only occured once after I got Kefir on my sunburn - fucker!

So my bet would be you came into contact with soemthing (plant? insect? fluid?) alsdo, BlueYonder is right when he is pointing in the direction of laundry detergent/shampoo/perfume. Changed brands lately?

::emp::

Yeah, could be detergent. Doc asked me the same question actually. I switched laundry detergent about 2 weeks before the rash outbreak... hmm.. not sure though. I've never been allergic to any soap/detergent/etc in my entire life. I guess it could just suddenly strike though.

I feel like shit, can't get any sleep. I can only sleep an hour or two at a time before the itch wakes me up. The anti-itch pills they gave me only work for like an hour and then stop working.

And +1000 internets to the person who invented calamine. That stuff is amazing.

hmm no fever or aches or anything? There's a hell of alot of illnesses out there that start with a rash although usually they start in the center of the body and then spread out (like stomach or back)

EDIT: Oh and I'm a allergic to Arithromycin. (Try having to spell that on all your medical forms.) I break out in hives. Large itchy welps all over.

afaik im only allergic to bee stitches. almost suffocated as a child when some bee decided to attack my neck