VPS Hosting - Recommended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is WiredTree as "user friendly" as LiquidWeb? I have no idea about how to run a server, OS, etc, but would like to get away from Shared. The other thing I like is that it's not $60/mo like LW, but if the support is phenomenal, I might go with it.

The other thing, what would I need with 4 IPs?

Well if you could get 4 different class-c ip's it could be beneficial in the way of link building and the such.

I checked the $60 plan, and it is only 512MB RAM. I used to run site that gets 6k visits per day organic from google. The server had 512MB. In many occasions, the site goes down for the lack of memory. Just Apache, and Mongrel webservers were taking almost all the RAM. I put cron job to restart the slice every few hours :), and I was wrong..

If you are considering buying traffic and paying for it, you must have 1G Ram at least. It is not fun to send traffic to a dead server.

I am Linode/Slicehost user, but I am very technical. If you are not, and not willing to spend one weekend hustling with virtual hosts, and other things (which is usually not hard), invest with a service that does the work for you.

Remember, if u spend money for traffic, you can not try to save 40-60 on a host. This is barely the cost of 100 clicks. Having server down for 2 hours may mean 200 clicks gone..

My two cents....

Is WiredTree as "user friendly" as LiquidWeb? I have no idea about how to run a server, OS, etc, but would like to get away from Shared. The other thing I like is that it's not $60/mo like LW, but if the support is phenomenal, I might go with it.

The other thing, what would I need with 4 IPs?

Status
Not open for further replies.