Various LPs using a single LLLL domain

godfly

The Widow's Son
Feb 3, 2009
At the quarry
I have an LLLL.com and I'm thinking of splitting it into multiple subdomains. i.e. teethwhitening.LLLL.com, acai.LLLL.com, dating.LLLL.com, and so on... ofcourse I know it's doable but my question is is it advisable?

Care to give a little detail guys? I know that subdomains may not be good for SEO but I be buying traffic anyways...

On a serious note, the reason why it would not be smart to run the traffic on that domain because:

a) In 3-5 years LLLL.com will be worth quite a bit, and you would be able to get a decent sell on it. You don't want any bad press on the domain, which would come from your rebill sales. Bad press = lower value of the domain.
b) Why waste a good domain? If you're running rebills, people will post your domain on sites such as ripoff report, so it will damage the whole domain. Which will then force you to switch domains due to lose of sales by "googlers", and at that point your domain name will be trashed. Rendering it useless for future business.
c) Google is suing anyone running affiliate offers on domain's under 5 characters. You can give it a try, but good fucking luck.

You don't read the news. Where the fuck you been for the last 2-3 years. I'll try to find the link about this
Shit. I have an existing campaign with that setup. I even showed it to my aff mgr and he OK'd it. The hecks you're right. I must be living under a rock. I would appreciate a link to that news.

Shit. I have an existing campaign with that setup. I even showed it to my aff mgr and he OK'd it. The hecks you're right. I must be living under a rock. I would appreciate a link to that news.

Dude, 95% of the affiliate managers on these networks haven's even ran a successful campaign in their life. They are the last people I would go to for advice on my campaigns.

On a serious note, the reason why it would not be smart to run the traffic on that domain because:

a) In 3-5 years LLLL.com will be worth quite a bit, and you would be able to get a decent sell on it. You don't want any bad press on the domain, which would come from your rebill sales. Bad press = lower value of the domain.
b) Why waste a good domain? If you're running rebills, people will post your domain on sites such as ripoff report, so it will damage the whole domain. Which will then force you to switch domains due to lose of sales by "googlers", and at that point your domain name will be trashed. Rendering it useless for future business.
c) Google is suing anyone running affiliate offers on domain's under 5 characters. You can give it a try, but good fucking luck.

Hot damn... Thanks. Very useful info. A++++++++++++++