Using Ultra Longtail KWs For PPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjb1891

Mar 12, 2007
Do any of you use really longtail keywords for your PPC campaigns at all? For example, if you see keywords in Google's keyword tool that basically shows no demand or even keywords that don't even show up?

I've personally never used the ultra long tails but since Google came out not too long ago and said that they see a large percentage of searches that are brand new searches that have never been used before it's been in the back of my mind.

If you have done your research and there is a hot market for your product already there, then using long tail keywords directed towards specific groups could benefit you by bringing just those who are interested in buying to your site.

Think about it... You have 10,000 super long tails that generate one search a day, you have yourself some pretty decent, very targeted, very inexpensive traffic.

I'm lost too. Getting ready to launch a long tail keyword campaign. Anyone want to enlighten us instead of just confusing us?

How does having 1000s of keywords that some days get searches and some days don't affect your QS? As long as the landing pages are catered to that search term.

i think he believes that you can only build campaigns if each keyword gets enough traffic to test.

what he doesnt understand is that keywords can be grouped by searcher intention or semantic meaning and that this is pretty damn near the same thing as per keyword tracking.

Really long tail words don't get hits. At all. Ever. Not once in while. Never.

I know they look like English and real phrases but they don't work. Plus Google will spank you just for being an ass. Or not show them.

OP defined ultra long tail keywords as ones that don't show up in Google's keyword tool.

By that definition, there are plenty of ultra long tail keywords that get searches.

If you've got advertisers bidding $3+ for dog ass, google won't show your ultralong "find dog ass in <city>" for $0.05. It's common sense. Find some.

So there's no point in long tail keywords? Why do I find that hard to believe?

You find it hard to believe because it's bullshit. It's also not what any of the above posters suggested.

Long tail keywords are great because, when chosen properly, they allow you to bring a higher-valued visitor to your site.

Let's say I own an apartment in Chelsea, New York City that I want to rent out.

I can bid on "apartment" and get huge volume, but I'm going to get people searching for "apartment size bulldog" and "apartment insurance"

I can bid on "rent apartment" and still get high volume, but that's including people who want information on "average apartment rent", "apartment rent stabilization", and "rent apartment in St. Louis".

I can bid on "rent apartment new york" and get more targeted visitors, along with visitors looking to "rent apartment in albany new york" or "rent apartment brooklyn new york"

Starting to see where this is going? Don't just rely on long tail keywords to get you cheaper clicks. If they bring you visitors that convert at a higher rate, then you can afford to pay MORE for the clicks.

Yeah long tail keywords should definitely be part of most keyword lists as long as you use them sensibly in your ad and your landing page. However, since the OP mentioned "ultra long" tail keywords that might not be worth it. There's long tail - and then there's loooooooong tail. ;)

Since ScottDaMan has an utter urge to be a total prick, how about you justify this one:

If you've got advertisers bidding $3+ for dog ass, google won't show your ultralong "find dog ass in <city>" for $0.05. It's common sense. Find some.

On the same hand, why would you show "find dog ass" or "dog ass <city>" for cheaper than "dog ass" ?

Or is that what you are talking about?

How about you don't be a total jagoff and answer questions with some respect. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.