Using Joomla for arbitrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, to use this you need a developerID and developerpass. To register your site has to have over 100,000 page views to be in the BETA for the AdSense API. Any other solutions?

i've used MAMBO CMS (same as jOomla) very easy to make pages on the fly, might not be Automated, but i could create a page in under 5 min.

Drupal is better, it also has multi site domain hosting on parked domains

Could you explain that a bit?

Are you saying that you can run multiple sites through one install if you've got the right hosting provider?

What's the part about the parked domains?

For example
Example.com
- another1.com ( parked )
- another2.com ( parked )
- another3.com ( parked )
- another4.com ( parked )

Modules
Pathauto Module can be used for SEO links
Adsense Module can be used for adsense, revenue sharing and click monitoring

Only problem is that with each newly parked site, everythings seems to slow down a bit.

Could you explain that a bit?
Are you saying that you can run multiple sites through one install if you've got the right hosting provider?

i didn't post original answer but have been using drupal for a few months and yes one install works for multiple sites on your server. make sure you find a good template or work on it a lot - i got a lot less clicks on my adsense ads and affiliate links when i first converted over. i think i'm going to be trying WP for my next couple of sites as recommended in this thread.

I started experimenting with Joomla.

My host installed it for me, so can't comment on that step.

Finding a decent template has been a pain. Aside from the fact that most Joomla templates don't appeal to me for one reason or another, almost everyone is charging for Joomla templates--unlike the TON of free and good-looking WordPress templates out there. I don't have a problem giving somebody $10-$40 for a good template for their hard work. I just can't find a good template that is SEO-optimized. So far they have a bunch of clutter. I gave up and started modifying the basic layout.

Also figuring out how to put page elements where you want them is a learning curve. Not rocket science but takes some hours when you're getting started with Joomla.

Installing add-ons was easy. You can just point it to the gzipped version and it goes from there. For WordPress you have to download, unzip, move files to the right place, upload, turn it on...

My goal with Joomla is a content-oriented site, with some community features, and I'll tack on some arbi pages or at least shopping/aff pages as experiments somewhere under the radar.

I've also got an install of Drupal I'm going to experiment with after I nail down Joomla.

So anyway, so far Joomla is taking too long for what I want to do with it. But maybe after I get the hang of it, it'll be faster.

Advice anyone?

- Joomla search-engine-optimized template (2-col preferred)

- Core add-ons to install?
(I installed: SEO-friendly URLs, Adsense)

- Version 1.5 beta? Start using 1.5beta now? Wait until when do you think it will be final?

- What is the difference between a section and a category?

if you're doing arbi.. why the hell do you want to SEO that shit? Trust me, there is no point in getting SE traffic. You can make a decent amount without it.

plus I think you should just get a html template made by someone instead of using a CMS.

Good point, thanks.

My thought with this specific site is that it can be a decent content site also, possibly helping with the quality score.

Status
Not open for further replies.