UFC 159 - Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen

The toe, for those that missed it...

BTFaZVm.jpg

Begs the question if the ref would have stopped the fight and declared Jones unfit to continue if it had gone to the bell.

Begs the question if the ref would have stopped the fight and declared Jones unfit to continue if it had gone to the bell.

Yep. Then we would have had to waste another Jon Jones fight on a worthless opponent in Sonnen, just to see the embarrassing beatdown continue. Sonnen shouldn't have ever been given the first fight, let alone a second.

Interesting Jones said it felt like there was a hole in the mat. I wonder if there was a gap in the panels underneath the canvas. It definitely looks like his toe caught on something. I find it hard to believe the friction of the ground alone would have been enough to do that.

That toe was sickening. Chael should just give up now unless somehow he plans on talking trash to gsp to get an instant title fight after losing a title fight. I just hope silva beats weidman and then they setup a super fight with jones vs. silva.

I thought Sonnen was going to fair a bit better than that. That was awful.

Big Country got a killer win in. He's a hoss.

Today you were a psychic hetero male and correct.

Jones dominated the whole way. Sonnen is getting up there, mentioned he might be retiring.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Jones wins by KO in the 1st round. Sonnens not even in the same league as a fighter. I love the guy but this is a promo setup that Don King would be proud of.

sonnen's pre-fight antics were so over the top that it felt more like a WWE promo than a real sport. dana white needs to be careful treading that line.

Never cared for Chad. Can't stand people lacking any sense of humility. Then I watched the documentary Like Water....and I can't stand him even more.

"Hurr Durr...actually he said this. You're not the only one who speaks portuguese."

Jones was playing with him. Chael made a million dollars his way.

Thats all folks.

BTW Jones is a fucking beast. That fucking toe is the only significant damage I ever saw him take. Chael actually accomplished something, he made jones draw first blood.

wondered how that happened. they showed the broken toe briefly live and then I guess it was too gruesome -- they never showed it again.

I knew Sonnen was a dead man when all he did was speak praise on jon jonzz on O&A. Tough to beat up a guy that you like