Turkey Burger - Techniques (share yours)

Ostrich burgers are ace. Wild boar and chorizo burgers are some fucking tasty shit as well.

BRB off to coat my face in grease.

We make these all the time.

Use ground turkey that's around 70-80% lean. The 90% lean stuff is terrible.

Make your patties and soak them in worcestershire for a good 10 minutes or so.

Season with your favorite seasoning (we prefer tony's creole or emerils bam seasoning)

Cook on your grill until they're done (I highly suggest slow smoking them over hickory wood. The hickory flavor in these things kills it!)

If you have a standard charcoal grill, put your hickory wood on the far side and put your patties in the middle and let them smoke like that. If you can only find hickory chips, soak them in water and wrap in tin foil then place that over your charcoal after your charcoal is good and lit.

I love a good turkey burger. This one always comes out great.

1 pound ground turkey
2/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1/3 cup (about 2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese plus additional for topping
3 tablespoons coarsely chopped pitted Kalamata olives (about 6)
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil plus additional for brushing
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon (generous) coarse kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon (generous) black pepper
4 crusty rolls, halved horizontally

Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush grill rack with oil.
Gently mix turkey, onion, 1/3 cup feta, 3 tablespoons chopped olives, 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic, rosemary, generous 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, and generous 1/2 teaspoon pepper in medium bowl. Form into 4 patties, each about 1 inch thick. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Grill burgers until charred on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Grill cut side of rolls until toasted, about 2 minutes. Assemble burgers with Tomato Jam and additional feta and chopped olives.