Turkey Burger - Techniques (share yours)

PepperJack

May 18, 2011
I am trying to stay away from Beef and eat it only in moderation. But I am craving a good burger. I tried ground turkey but I find the consistency too mushy for my tastes.

Does anyone have any advice on getting ground turkey a little closer to the firmness of Beef? Recipes, Ideas etc?

iSPFO92.jpg

Why are you staying away from beef? Did you read some data from the 80's and 90's that said it was bad?

iSPFO92.jpg

Why are you staying away from beef? Did you read some data from the 80's and 90's that said it was bad?

No. I listen to my body. Beef makes me sluggish and I can feel it digesting for two days.

That being said, I just came off the "steak & eggs fried in butter" regiment to bulk a few weeks ago. I'm just over beef and have been scarfing down vegetables since and want to incorporate some different meat in my diet.Not too mention wanting to avoid getting gout.

I like turkey because its lean.

No. I listen to my body. Beef makes me sluggish and I can feel it digesting for two days.

That being said, I just came off the "steak & eggs fried in butter" regiment to bulk a few weeks ago. I'm just over beef and have been scarfing down vegetables since and want to incorporate some different meat in my diet.Not too mention wanting to avoid getting gout.

I like turkey because its lean.

have you tried grassfed beef? make some burgs out of that when you're craving a good burger, i can't imagine turkey ever satisfying a craving for a good burger..

Used to live off turkey burgers. Be sure you get ground turkey breast, not the turkey with skin or dark meat otherwise it'll be really fatty. Turkey breast should be 99% lean.

You won't really ever be able to make it feel like beef, you can get close by making it dry. I'm not sure if you are not eating any grains, but bread crumbs would be an easy way.

I don't eat wheat or bread at all. What I used to put in mine was egg whites, then I would dry it up by adding de-hydrated onions, garlic and parsly to soak it all up. I would pre-bake 10-20(on non-stick cookie sheet) at a time and then freeze them so I could reheat them later.

you should try pork burgers.

ground up pork into a burger, its really fucking good when you do it up with some spice

Check out ground Buffalo/Bison meat or ground Ostrich meat. Both are pricey compared to turkey (prob like $10/lb) but taste way more like a real burger.

Save your turkey meat for tacos when you can cover it in seasoning.

I am trying to stay away from Beef and eat it only in moderation. But I am craving a good burger. I tried ground turkey but I find the consistency too mushy for my tastes.

Does anyone have any advice on getting ground turkey a little closer to the firmness of Beef? Recipes, Ideas etc?

You are looking for ostrich.