Torrent reinvented

Also, how did Luke manage to turn this into a [insert a word from the dictionary]coin thread?

That's the beauty of Namecoin; No one but existing bitcoin miners ever need mine it. (Or keep a copy of it's blockchain)

It's merge-mined with BTC so the rest of the world can just use the .bit DNS service as a freebie and it's more than protected from takedowns and centralization.

If you don't have a copy of the blockchain, you cannot crytographically verify the data / records. You instead need to trust someone else running a DNS server, just like you need to with normal DNS.

If you don't have a copy of the blockchain, you cannot crytographically verify the data / records. You instead need to trust someone else running a DNS server, just like you need to with normal DNS.
This isn't about hosting websites in their DNS system; just finding one.

However the chrome extension does it for us at 60kb should be enough for the software to find that one website, no?

This isn't about hosting websites in their DNS system; just finding one.

However the chrome extension does it for us at 60kb should be enough for the software to find that one website, no?

You can't verify the DNS records themselves, without the blockchain. Someone else is serving the DNS records to you, and you are trusting them to give you the right records, if you use the chrome extension.

Its not over. It is far from over. Popcorn time is opensource. The source files have been and continue to be distributed across the globe. Just because the core developers are yellow, doesn't mean that the next set of developers will be. You will see a 100 different variations of popcorn time within the next 6 months (if not sooner). This is far from over.

I'm going to miss that little popcorn guy so much...

Here's looking forward to the next iteration... Which accepts bitcoin-opened files like Frostwire does.

gN8wD9O.jpg

Bye bye... For now!

I just had the weirdest shit where an account got suspended because they said my IP seeded their product and I seriously didn't...it's fucked up.